THE OFFICIAL CENTRAL PARK HOODIE KAL POST!

This post has 837 Replies | 17 Followers rated by 14 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
cdn wrote
on Oct 31, 2009 1:58 AM

So here we are- right on schedule. I actually finished a couple of days ago but have been trying to catch hold of my daughter, cph's recipient, to get her to model the finished product. I'm pleased with the result and she seems genuinely thrilled. In my view, it is a bit short in the body and definitely too long in the sleeves but that is the way she wanted it. In fact, she made me add extra length to the sleeves. Myself,  I'd be rolling them up, but then, I'm not the one that will be wearing it and young folk seem to like the look of having their shirts hang out the bottom of things. No accounting for some people's tastes I guess.

In the meantime, while waiting for her, I started a pair of monkey socks, since I missed that KAL altogether as I couldn't figure out how a KAL worked at the time. Just look at all the things I have learned in a couple of short months...pictures and everything! I think I should have made the socks a bit smaller so they would show off the lace work better and a less busy yarn would definitely have helped but the first one feels pretty comfortable so I figure I'll finish the second with this and then try them again with a plainer yarn.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next KAL will be and hope to be seeing more pictures of finished garments in the near future.

Catherine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
Distroh wrote
on Oct 31, 2009 7:00 AM

Great job Catherine....The sweater looks good and I like the look of the buttons o

n it. The sock looks neat too.. I am also working on a sock but for me ththis time. Keep it up Happy knitting all

Dianne

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on Nov 2, 2009 6:57 AM

The color looks great, Catherine! I personally prefer longer sleeves too. Smile

I _FINALLY_ finished the sleeves and they are blocked and drying today. I'll be able to pin them to the sweater body tonight and start seaming! I'm excited to finish so will have to really work to do this seaming slowly as to not mess it up. I'd hate to do so well this far into the game only to ruin the sweater with bad shoulder seams.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Mardi@3 wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 7:44 AM

I finally got mine done. Very first Adult sweater. This was fun. Really like the pattern it's a keeper. going to try and add pics. the color is a little off.

The buttons are from a card of buttons I found and they are from the 1930's.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Mardi@3 wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 7:46 AM

Sorry guys don't know why the pics are laying on their side. Really I didn't lay down to take the pictures!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Mardi@3 wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 7:49 AM

I really like the I cord bind off you did. Will have to look up how to do that.And the color is wonderfull

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 39
Jody wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 3:11 PM

Mardi@3,

Your sweater looks great, and I love the buttons. I've been shopping around for some buttons for my CPH, but can't seem to find anything that seems to fit what I'm looking for. I was disappointed to learn that yours were one of a kind, as I was going to ask where you purchased yours! Great job!

Jody

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 120
Peggan wrote
on Nov 2, 2009 11:36 PM

Fun fun fun to see the photos of the finished projects!! Beautiful job Catherine and Mardi.   I even wore my sweater out to a concert Friday night (Steve Martin playing the banjo with a blue grass band--yes, that Steve Martin does play the banjo).  I think I will not put any buttons at all on mine. I got some and was going to do the flat row of crochet loops but decided I will rarely want to wear it buttoned up. I can add them if I feel I want to.

I too am looking forward to the next KAL (and beautiful socks Catherine!)

Love, Peggy from S California

Not Ranked
Posts 9
BobbiB@5 wrote
on Nov 5, 2009 4:12 PM

Hi everyone! 
   I am attempting to download my photos of my finished sweater--I finished just in time for Fall weather in Georgia.  I have gotten so many compliments on this sweater already, and have inspired many of my fellow knitting group friends to try the pattern.  They would have preferred to just walk off with mine, but.....!!  I've really enjoyed the KAL, and it kept me on track to keep going!  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next one may be.....

Bobbi

Not Ranked
Posts 4
CAROLYNF@12 wrote
on Nov 5, 2009 4:41 PM

I am working on the CPH and am on the Hood.  I just hope my sweater looks as good as everyone that has posted a picture...This is the first sweater I have ever knitted...I have only been knitting for 1/2 years....

Not Ranked
Posts 4
CAROLYNF@12 wrote
on Nov 5, 2009 4:42 PM

I meant to type one and half years.   

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 120
Peggan wrote
on Nov 5, 2009 5:38 PM

Beautiful job on your sweater Bobbi. I like the color and the buttons your chose.   By the way your setting is lovely with all the trees and I do like those carved bears!  Looking forward to the posting tomorrow of voting for the next KAL project.

Peggy, S Calif

Not Ranked
Posts 2
SarahB@98 wrote
on Nov 6, 2009 7:11 AM

Okay, I'm in.  I've had the pattern for a year and not started it.  This will be a good motivation. 

Sarah

Not Ranked
Posts 2
HeatherM@48 wrote
on Nov 6, 2009 10:42 AM

This was my first KAL and I have to admit I was so excited to get started that I forgot to post at all until well after I was done!

I knit the 44" bust size in almond colored Cottonease. This is the first big thing I've knitted for myself and it was so fun. I didn't have many problems other than having to completely re-knit the second sleeve. I finished it, held it up to the first sleeve and discovered that I had never switched up to the larger needles for the part above the cuff. Turns out using smaller needles really *does* make smaller stitches! ;)

I've got it posted on Ravelry (I'm "heatherrific" there) with more details.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Nov 6, 2009 3:03 PM

Hi all.

One quick question:

Is there any reason that I can't do the front bands and the hood band all at one time?  I have the right size needle and it is long enough to fit all of the stitches onto it plus, I don't want another seam on the hood.  Any help is appreciated.

Kathleen,

You posted a picture of a finished CPH that belongs to Fairboxie, not me ( I am Kelleigh).  I hope that you can pull that photo from todays post mentioning the next KAL and correct it.  I want Fairboxie to have her day and I'd like to have mine when I do Finally finish my CPH. 

Also Kathleen, you made yours longer and I took the body of mine to 18" so how many stitches did/will you pick up for the front/hood bands?  Hope I did mine right but I am just getting started so plenty of time to rip it back out if I need to modify the # of picked up stitches.

KELLEIGH~~

Page 53 of 56 (838 items) « First ...  < Previous  51 52 53 54 55  Next >  ... Last » | RSS