CPH pattern question.

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Sep 2, 2009 6:52 PM

Hello everyone!

I am a new knitter and have the pattern for the CPH.  My problem is that I have no real experience in reading patterns with charts.  I do better with just written instructions. 

What does it mean when it says,  "Continue in pattern until piece measures 131/2 inches from the beginning?"   Indifferent   Do I keep working the rows 1 and 2 of the back using the coresponding charts?  Also, with the charts for the cable pattern, do I keep doing rows 1-5 to continue to get the cable effect?  This is my first "not a scarf or hat" project and I am going to need a lot of help.  Embarrassed  Thanks for all help.

Kelleigh

KELLEIGH~~

Not Ranked
Posts 10
SarahB@108 wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 6:15 AM

It's my first sweater, too. When it says to "continue in pattern" to whatever measurement, you continue to knit up the chart. knit rows 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 of the chart, then repeat until you get your measurement.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
saspero wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 9:33 AM

Be sure to measure after every pattern repeat as well.  The pattern may say knit 15 inches but your pattern repeat might five you 14.25 inches or 15.5 inches or whatever.  It's best to keep the pattern complete.  Sally

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 6:23 PM

Thakn you Sarah,

I was way off the mark.  I so thank you for helping me out with this dilema.  I have to start over but I should be okay now.  Thank you very much! Big Smile

Kelleigh

KELLEIGH~~

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Sep 3, 2009 6:26 PM

Sally,

Thank you for that tip!  It makes complete sense and I will do just that.  Some things I have knitted were off and I never thought to measure before reaching the end measurement.

Thank you again,

Kelleigh

KELLEIGH~~

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS