Chart reading and cables

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 46
JanieW@4 wrote
on Sep 6, 2009 9:17 AM

I am really confused about reading the chart.  I have done lace with chart reading, but I am not sure how to do this with the cables.  I understand row 1 but row 2 is rather confusing and then the row with the cables.  I like to write out theses rows because it helps me.  Is there anyone that can help me read the chart so I can write it down. 

Thank you for any help.

Janie Wright

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Sheri wrote
on Sep 11, 2009 12:56 PM

JanieW@4:
I understand row 1 but row 2 is rather confusing and then the row with the cables.

Janie,

On this particular chart Odd number rows are right/public side, even rows are wrong/private side.  So, on the even rows you should knit the knits and purl the purls, basically.  There is no crossing over of stitches on even rows. 

The row 3 chart is where the action is.  On chart A you will slip the first 3 stitches (of the center 6 stitches) onto a cable needle, then knit the next 3 from your left needle - knit the 3 from your cable needle, the cable will lean to the right.  Chart B is the same, but hold the stitches in the front, so the cable will lean to the left. 

Just take it one step at a time and you will do great.  This is a great cable starter project.

Hope this helps!

Sheri

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS