Hello from Georgia - New Knitter

This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
vbbusch51 wrote
on Oct 26, 2009 6:21 PM

Good evening, All.  My name is Virginia.  I've been obsessed with knitting for one year this month.  I fell breaking four ribs and puncturing a lung.  My dear niece suggested I try knitting.  I'm crazy for it.  Right now, I'm working on wristlets for my daughters for Christmas.  Other interests include photographing my daughters, our four dogs, two cats, and architecture.  I love to read historical fiction, mysteries, and of course, chick knit lit!   I would love to hear from folks.  Write when you take a break from knitting!  Vee

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Oct 26, 2009 8:55 PM

Hi Virginia,

Welcome to this knit site.  I am just a newbie at this site myself but I have found it very helpful.

I started knitting when I was a little child.  Over the years I picked up other hobbies such as crochet, sewing, cross stitch, painting and stuff.  It seems to me that when I am laid up with my arthritis or just plain get in the mood, I love to knit.  The feel of the yarns and the patterns are so relaxing and destressing.

If there is a project you would like to undertake but dont quite know how, then just ask and some kindred knitter will eventually let you know where to find the stuff you need.  You can  share your ideas too.

Wonderful minds are knitted together, Zoe

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MaryLeeM wrote
on Oct 27, 2009 8:17 AM

Hello - I too live in Georgia!  I have knit since 1981 when Ms Maggie Righetti lived in Atlanta and taught at a local Yarn Shop.  She is the best - you should get "Knitting In Plain English" by her and then you will really be in love with knitting.  She writes as if she is there in the room coaching and visiting with you!    Happy Knitting and as Maggie says "Knit Someone Warm With Love".

Not Ranked
Posts 2
trishaknits wrote
on Nov 15, 2009 8:27 AM

hi virginia,

I also have been knitting for about a year and I love it! I'm still a beginner. I stumbled upon this site and I'm looking forward to keeping up with things through the newsletter. I'm a nurse with a husband and 4 grown boys. I have 5 grandchildren. I'd love to one day be able to knit for those babies! I love to read and run when the weather is good. AND I live in Georgia too! Well, let me get back to my knitting....(love the way that sounds...).  Trisha

Not Ranked
Posts 1
tcf wrote
on Nov 16, 2009 6:48 AM

Hi Vee,

I am also new to this website and was excited to find it.  I have been knitting for about 4 years but took about 2 years off...  I am addicted to it now!  I am in a scarf phase and all I want to knit right now are scarves, they are quick, usually easy, and most people will wear one.  I am making some Christmas gifts as fast as I can.  Have you read "The Friday Night Knitting Club" book?  If not, check it out.  I loved it. 

Happy knitting.

Christine

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
vbbusch51 wrote
on Nov 17, 2009 6:59 PM

Hey MaryLee.  I have the book "Knitting in Plain English."  I received it as a birthday gift from a knitting friend.  It is a fabulous book.  I didn't realize the author had lived in Atlanta (or I've forgotten..ha ha).  Where did you take the class?  I'm taking a class now at Knitch in Virginia Highlands.  

Thanks for checking in.

Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
vbbusch51 wrote
on Nov 24, 2009 6:50 PM

Hi Christine.  Just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.  Hope you get some knitting in along with all the family and friend activities. 

Best, Vee

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
vbbusch51 wrote
on Nov 24, 2009 6:51 PM

Hi Trisha.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Best, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
vbbusch51 wrote
on Nov 24, 2009 6:52 PM

Hi Mary Lee.  Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.  Enjoy, celebrate, and find some time for knitting. 

Best, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
vbbusch51 wrote
on Nov 24, 2009 6:53 PM

Hi Zoe.  Just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.  I trust you will enjoy the time with your family with a little time left over for knitting!

Best, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Nov 24, 2009 10:12 PM

Hi everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to all kindred knitters who are celebrating!  Up here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving the second Monday in October!  I know that Australia doesnt celebrate but what others of you knitters in other countries do?

I had found a cute turkey to crochet (little amigurumi).  Haven't done it yet.  I havent found a knitted one but I would assume that they are out there!

Supposed to snow a little up here in Northwestern Ontario tonight!

Take care, Zoe

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
vbbusch51 wrote
on Nov 27, 2009 10:57 AM

Hi Zoe.  Lucky you to have some snow.  Of course, living in the south, that's a treat for us.  I'm sure you get tired of it.  All those beautiful chunky knitted garments to knit...I would have heat stroke wearing them here!  The little turkey sounds adorable to crochet.  I've finished wristlets for my daughters for Christmas.  Almost done with one hat, another to go!  With this nice break from work, I hope to be almost done with both hats!

Best, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Sandy494 wrote
on Dec 6, 2011 11:49 AM

I too live in GA., Carrollton to be exact.  I used to be a runner and probably need to get back into it...however, I'm 65 and don't know if I could do it again.  Ran my first P'tree at age 45 and did 10 min miles !    Been a knitter off and on for years, but took breaks to smock, needlepoint, make draperies, crochet afghans, etc......at this moment my passion is learning to quilt and then knitting for relaxation after I get stressed out over quilting !

Not Ranked
Posts 8
SusanF@7 wrote
on Dec 6, 2011 6:44 PM

Well I am a well used knitter but have just fractured my right wrist falling on the ice in a curling rink & this has severely impacted my ability to knit.I have a cast for a few more weeks so I struggle.Christams is coming & the socks I am famous for giving will be in scarce supply

Sue fro Canada

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS