Welcome!

This post has 179 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 290
Editor
KD Sandi Star [*] wrote
on May 21, 2008 10:59 AM

If you're a new face around these parts, then welcome! We're glad to have you. We know it takes a bit of time to get comfortable in a new place, so if there's anything we can do to help, just speak up! Settle back, and take some time to just poke around, read some of the conversations here, and get a sense of what interests you. Then, when you are ready: Post away!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 55
JulesG wrote
on May 23, 2008 7:39 AM

Hello Sandi, hello KD Team!

Wow! I can't believe it, the KD site looks all new and I am among the first to write in the brand new forums. Great!

But who am I? No, don't worry, I won't start off with something philosophical. I'm Julia from Germany, 28 y.o., knitting mother, student of English(about to finish my MA), teacher of English and just love to talk about knitting and I am really looking forward to asking dumb questions here.

Thank you Knitting Daily Folks for this place. I just love what you are doing.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on May 23, 2008 8:49 AM

Howdy!

Kat here. I'm one of the tech geeks that work here at Interweave. Geeked I am a crocheter, though not on the scale of most of the folks here. I  just made my first garment this  year. (This place is infectious!). Working on a baby sweater and a cute crocheted skirt from Knitscene, as well as the obligatory afghan Wink

Cheers,

Kat  >^,,^<

No matter where you go, there you are.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
FiberFriend wrote
on May 23, 2008 9:26 AM

Sandi, et al.  the new forums look great so far. 

As a crocheter and knitter, I always look forward to your cheery notes in my inbox, it makes the workday bearable.

And, one day I'll set enough time aside to really learn how to spin, then I'll feel like a true fiber enthusiast.

Thanks for all your hard work bringing us all together.  It's great when craft, community and commerce can work together for a win-win-win situation!

v/r,

Mary S.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
fishie wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:21 PM

Hey all, I'm fishie from the internet (really, it feel like I live in my computer).  I love how the growing popularity of the online fiber arts community now makes it possible to interact one on one with knitting and crocheting "celebrities."

Anyway, I'm mostly a knitter but I crochet a little too (I'll learn more, someday soon, I swear!).  I'm excited to see how these forums end up.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Terry Morris wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:25 PM

Hi there from Chacala Bay, Mexico! I'm anchored in this tiny (pop. 750) town north of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico just knitting and relaxing. Oh yes - and getting some free WiFi so I can see what's going on in the Knitting Daily world. Great stuff! I think I'm going to love the forums!

Terry Morris - aka SailingKnitter  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LouiseN wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:28 PM

Cool Hi I thought I'd check out the new site.  I'm Louise - I'm a knitter, spinner and sometimes crocheter.  I love Knitting Daily and especially the new look!  What better way to keep up with the new trends!

Have a great weekend!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Kate wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:34 PM

Hi!  I'm Kate.  I'm a knitter and a spinner in Seattle, WA.  The new site is fantastic!!!  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Spinndiva wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:36 PM

Hello evryone!

I guess I better introduce myself too! Idon't gt much to comment usualy, I am so very busy, but I read... a lot...every issue! :)

I am spinndiva (usually spin for short,) and I knit... and spin.. and weave....and embroider... and.. short anything with fiber and a needle is very intriguing to me :) and at one point or another I have tried it, am doing it or will try it for sure...

Glad to be here! :)
What a wonderful site!

Thanks for all your hard work!

S.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
KayS wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:40 PM

What fun! Nothing is better than a group of people who all love the same thing. I have been a spinner for 32 years. It is the most calming and relaxing thing anyone can do. You can create yarn that no one else has. I advise anyone who wants to spin to do it as soon as possible. If you ask around someone always has an extra wheel that they are not using. Borrow it and off you go. I belong to a spinner's group that meets every Tuesday. What a marvelous bunch of people, supportive, knowledgeable and fun. We share and inspire each week. We have been meeting for over twenty years. I love Knitting daily, have learned a lot from the tips and welcome the chance to learn more from other knitters and spinners. I live in NH, used to have sheep and angora goats. I am still spinning from their fleeces. I think I have a lifetime supply of fleece. If you are a spinner, people give you fleeces too. I have two alpaca fleeces right now to spin. What a wonderful warm fiber that is! Best wishes and welcome. K S

Not Ranked
Posts 2
NeedleNinja wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:45 PM

Hi!  My name is Sylvia (aka Needle Ninja) and I am in Queen Creek, Arizona.  I love knitting even though I live in the Phoenix area.  My interest is in finding patterns that I can actually wear more than once in January!  I am an accountant for Arizona State University. 

Its so nice to meet the others in this thread.  I get so lonely for fellow knitters here!  They are scarce in AZ! 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
phoenix wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:50 PM

Hi, I'm phoenix (like it says over there <------) and I knit and crochet.  Just checking out your shiny new forums!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
FayeL wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:02 PM

Yeah to new site! Been knitting, crocheting, cross-stitching too many years. Interweave patterns are my favorite!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
BeatrixB wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:04 PM

Great that we now have a forum here!  I am Beatrix from Tennessee (originally from Germany). I am a grad student (PhD) in Nashville and knit in order to keep my sanity.  Happy kneedling everybody.  My blog(s) are at http://strickwut.blogspot.com/ and then some!

Best

Bea

Not Ranked
Posts 1
KathyB@5 wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:13 PM

Thanks Sandi,

My name  is Kathy. I do lots of fiber related things. Right now I am in Sock Wars III.

I'm glad to see this site.

Page 1 of 12 (180 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ┬╗ | RSS