Welcome!

This post has 179 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
CristinaS wrote
on May 24, 2008 1:10 AM
Hello from Philadelphia! Though I don't always have the time to knit daily, I'm loving knitting daily (I think that makes sense, but it is 4am here and since I'm up early, I think I'll go downstairs and knit.)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
LuanneH wrote
on May 24, 2008 2:12 AM

Hi fellow fiber artists,

I'm Luanne from Northern Maine and am excited about the new site.  I have been knitting since I was a kid and feel my day job (CPA) sometimes gets in the way.  I look forward to spending time with you all.

Lu

Not Ranked
Posts 9
SaraJ wrote
on May 24, 2008 2:43 AM

This is Awesome!  Thanks IW, KD, Sandi, Tech people behind the scenes, around the place, wherever!!!Yes

I haven't posted much lately in the comments, but some may remember me.  If you read my bio, you'll see why lately I've been more scarce, but surgery, with flu and bronchitis added on, do not convivial bedfellows make.

OTOH, Crochet was a part of my plan to fight my anxiety disorders as I waited, pre-surgery, before they took me back.  I needed something to keep me occupied, and since I hadn't crocheted in awhile and was a bit rusty, and my MIL was there it was perfect.  I couldn't take an anti-anxiety medicine right before surgery, that'd mess with anesthesia.  The nurses and staff were very kind, especially when I mentioned the anxiety disorder, and let me take the crocheting back to the surgery prep area and after they'd taken vitals and blood and that, they let me keep glasses, hook, and yarn until it was time to wheel me out to surgery, and then they had me hand those things over to hubby as they wheeled me out.

Anyway, I'm in Utah, and excited that you've got these forums for us!  including for your spinning, weaving, and other fiber magazine(s)!  (I'm about to learn to ply my first spinning (done on spindle) so wish me luck) and I've been getting into weaving too, with a Weave-It and an Inkle loom.

Yeah, I like alot of fibery things - glad IW does too!  (and beads - I know you do too, glad your sister site, Beading Daily, has forums now too lol).

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 39
MandyH wrote
on May 24, 2008 2:44 AM

Hello, my name is Mandy. I am writing from the heart of Cheshire in the UK. A teacher of 7 to 8 year olds, in the local village school, I knit in whatever moments I have which could be called "spare". (Usually those times when I have intended to get some housework done. I start out with such good intentions............)

I have been knitting for 47 years, and love the variety of styles being printed these days. One thing I particularly enjoy about "Knitting Daily" are those Galleries. They tempt me to try new styles which I may not otherwise have knitted. That wonderful section for helping me to add shaping to designs............ so much more flattering than knitting box-like structures.

Thanks!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
PrincessG wrote
on May 24, 2008 3:57 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome Sandi!

hi my name is josi (PrincessG), I am only 13 ( the beginning of the wonderfull and over dramatic teen years LOL ) and am new to this site. 

I think it's absolutely wonderfull that you have updated KD, i am looking forward to making new friends and discussing all sorts of things with my fellow knitsters.    :)

I love your patterns. They are so beautiful! Im stuck on which one of all the beutiful patterns i should make myself! Hmm hehe.

Keep up the good work! Wink

xoxo

PrincessG         

Dont take people for granted, beacuse one day you will realise you have lost a diamond while you were too buysing collecting stones....

Not Ranked
Posts 1
plumbum wrote
on May 24, 2008 4:05 AM

Hi Sandi. There's nothing I like better than a good forum full of happy friendly people.

I'm Beth - a knitter and spinner from a small island in the North Sea (look on the map for the top of Scotland... then keep on going up and out a bit... I live on one of the small outer isles of Orkney) I live here with my partner and our herd of dogs and cats, right on the edge of the sea.

I belong to a weekly spinning group and the local craft group, and I blog my fibre adventures on an all-too-frequent basis. I love my Knitting Daily mail and am also a Ravel-er. I am fortunate that I have no daily employment to get in the way of my knitting.

One day I shall get the hang of crochet...

plumbum

http://www.woolgathering.org.uk

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
Mirl56 wrote
on May 24, 2008 4:26 AM

Hi Everybody!  Checking in from Maryland, USA.  I learned how to knit in high school in the early/mid 70's, knit for several years then switched to cross stitch for lots and lots of years.  Got back into knitting and dabble in crochet for about the past 4 yrs or so.  I knit mostly socks and bags/purses, but am starting to venture back into tops/sweaters. 

Marilyn

Cool Marilyn

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LynS wrote
on May 24, 2008 5:08 AM

Thanks, Sandi, for setting this up!  I'm from North Carolina, near Chapel Hill (Go Heels!).  Transplant from the San Francisco Bay Area.  Been knitting for 35-40 years (who can remember??).  I'm currently a fiber artist at the Chatham Arts Gallery here in Chatham County.

Owned by 2 dogs, a GSD (white), Sophie and a Walker Hound, Tanner.  Have a brand-new granddaughter in the Bay Area, Keena.  She's so beautiful.  Mommy is Vietnamese, Daddy is, well, my son.  That makes me "Ba Noi", or mother of the father. Much baby kniting going on around here between working on pieces for the shows at the Gallery.

Lyn

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JulieK@2 wrote
on May 24, 2008 6:47 AM

Hello, I am from Montgomery County PA.  I've been knitting for 25 years (taught by a college roommate).  I love my knitting daily e-mails and look forward to learning and sharing in this new forum.

Smile  Nice job Sandi and friends.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
BethJ wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:28 AM

Hi!  I'm from Oak Ridge TN and have been knitting since I was 7 years old. It is a passion---rhythmic, creative, soothing, fun! My cats also enjoy my knitting and we struggle for ownership of the yarn from time to time.

To everyone at Knitting Daily, congrats on one of the most beautifully set up , user friendly forums I've ever seen. Hats off to your IT staff (I'm an IT manager by trade). Well done. It definitely adds to the considerable appeal of the daily feed you provide.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Donna in VA wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:28 AM

Hello from Alexandria, VA, USA.  I look forward to interesting discussions on this forum.  I am a 1st grade teacher with 2 grown children and 2-month -old twin graddaughters. I've knit for over 20 years and am always learning something new.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
Lorene wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:37 AM

Hi, Sandi!     Smile

Just got logged into the new site -- had to re-set my password but that didn't take long. 

I both knit and crochet so am glad a crochet section is included in the forum.

I'm located in Pittsburg, KS where we are getting the rain but none of the tornados (yet- knock on wood) that you and Western Kansas have been suffering.  Just heard one passed over Greensburg this week - the town that was pretty much completely destroyed by a tornado a year ago.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LoriP wrote
on May 24, 2008 9:38 AM

Hi from Portland OR. Love interweave knits and all things knitting.

Peace

Lori

I love my country but I think we should start seeing other people

Not Ranked
Posts 3
KathyC wrote
on May 24, 2008 9:50 AM

Hi Sandy!  knittingdaily is awesome and it truly is a wonderful resource!  I am a fairly new knitter - three years in August.  I love it and I am a real fiber fanatic!  I am also a new spinner - 1 year, again, in August!  Thanks for having another place for fellow fiber-aholics to gather!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
TheresaP wrote
on May 24, 2008 10:02 AM

Hi, I am also new to your forum. So far so good I love it already. I am from Virginia a very new transplant from Massachuetts. Looking forward to learning and having fun on your boards.

Teri.

Page 3 of 12 (180 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS