Welcome!

This post has 179 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
CarolS@3 wrote
on May 24, 2008 11:56 AM

Hi Sandi and hi all!  Isn't the internet an amazing tool enabling all of us knitters, crocheters etc to communicate without borders?  I love it and will certainly dip my toes in (so to speak). 

Carol

Keep those needles clicking!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
darski wrote
on May 24, 2008 5:43 PM

I did a sign in message but I want to say hello here as well.

I am a Canadian and I have been knitting and crocheting for decades now... sigh  I guess this year marks my 50th anniversary as a knitter.  My crochet history goes back a ways further.

I want to thank all the folks here at KD for the great daily e-news and for the patterns.  I have been drooling over the cover sweater on the spring 08 mag.  if only...

Well howdy all and let's get together and chat/

Not Ranked
Posts 6
BJS wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:22 PM
Hello! Having enjoyed my KDs so much, it is great to now see a forum. After taking a break from the world of employment (otherwise known as bookkeeping), I have found a lot of free time to get back into the world of knitting. Or get re-addicted, I should say. Am also a Ravel-er. I'm sure the new website will be a source of great inspiration. Thanks! 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
prjonknitt wrote
on May 25, 2008 1:29 AM

Hello Sandy and everyone,

I am a comitted knitter, spinner, dyer, natural dyer, retired mother waiting to become a grandmother. Thank you all for creating this new place. I´ll probably have to put aside some time to read...

Knittprjon

Not Ranked
Posts 5
DdL wrote
on May 25, 2008 1:29 AM

hello, hello!

I've been reading the site for a few months now and enjoy it for a number of reasons.. first and foremost for the knitting!

I am an american expat living in Italy for the past 21 years or so - currently in Lucca (Tuscany)

I am a free-lance translator and my husband teaches Italian in an Institute for foreign students in Florence

ciao!

d.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MyraR wrote
on May 25, 2008 4:37 AM

hi all, myra here in south florida.  i am retired here in sunny florida knitting away. this site has been a pleasure to read and i am happy it has expanded . i knit with a bunch of other retired ladies (no men have joined yet), and we meet 4 x a week informally to encourage each other. i will say that being together has lead to each of us improving our skills and making the less adventurous more so , while helping those of us more skilled be giving of our knowledge. i have found this website has done pretty much the same, now it will be wonderful to have our community get that much larger. thanks, myra

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MyraR wrote
on May 25, 2008 4:42 AM

hi d, i couldn't help  responding to your post. i was in lucca a few years ago, what a charming place to live. i don't remember seeing any yarn shops, what do you do for yarn? myra

Not Ranked
Posts 1
TawnyaL wrote
on May 25, 2008 5:02 AM

Hi, I am from Saint Louis, Mo. Happy to be a part of knitting daily.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
AbbySue wrote
on May 25, 2008 8:45 AM

Hello Sandy and everyone else too! Cool

This forum is such a wonderful addition to the site!  I have been a member of knitting daily for quite some time now and always enjoy the newsletters.  I'm a newbie knitter, but have crocheted for more years than I care to count. LOL 

I haven't actually knitted anything yet other than practicing this and that.  I actually started the Lace Nightie by Carrie Bostick Hoge the other day and it's going pretty well so far. Hmmm, I wonder if this makes me a fearless knitter?Big Smile

Oh! I'm from Jacksonville Beach FL (for the past 6 years) but I'm originally from Western NY...snow belt country...brrrrrrWink

~ Time is forever, yet never here for long. Only if you're clever, you'll treasure it before its gone. ~

Not Ranked
Posts 9
DeirdreM wrote
on May 25, 2008 11:16 AM

Thanks for inviting all of us in. I'm always interested in what other knitters have to say. I'm looking forward to reading here often.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
JacquelineV wrote
on May 25, 2008 6:43 PM

Hi everyone!

My name's Jackie (Jack for short) and I live in Massachusetts.  The one good thing about the New England winters is how much knitting I get to do.  I learned to knit my senior year of high school, and I've been doing it for 3 years now.  I've made a few knitting friends at UMASS and I love that I have 2 great yarn stores in Northampton to shop at.  I've done the obligatory billion scarves, but this year I branched out into hats, mittens, camera cozies, and blankets.  I've been debating when I want to start that first sweater (really nervous about screwing up a project that big) and one of my close friends at work asked me to make him a sweatervest so looks like he'll have my first attempts at that (I thank the knitting gods that he's a skinny little thing).  Ironically he asked me the same week KD had the stuff about the Brick Pullover.

Looking forward to getting to know more people.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
JoyJ wrote
on May 26, 2008 2:16 AM

Hi everyone, wow! this is such a beautiful site.. I can see another craft-related addiction creeping in.. and so much less knitting done.. Wink My name is Joy Jabi from Nairobi, Kenya. I knit and crochet, and love that the internet can bring people from all over the world so close together.

Looking foward to more exploring of the site.

If nothing changes nothing changes.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
AnnB@5 wrote
on May 26, 2008 5:39 AM

Hi I'm AnnB or moilulu     I'm in Ontario CANADA here just to look around & if it is user friendly  gain some knitting  know how

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Claire wrote
on May 26, 2008 8:18 AM

Hello!  I'm Claire in Phoenix, AZ.  I've been knitting for about 3+ years now and my addiction to the craft continues to grow.  As I type this, my hands are horribly sore from a marathon knitting session last night! Love the look of the new site and I look forward to making some new knitty friends. 

You can find me on Ravelry as Clackerdine or on my blog http://clackerdine.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Cheryl wrote
on May 26, 2008 7:58 PM

Hi everyone! I have been a lurker for a while and thought I would take the 'plunge' and sign up. Don't let my avatar scare anyone....it's a way my husband and I can let off the stress of the week.

I can't seem to get him interested in knitting or crocheting! Huh?

I have been crocheting for 30+ years and find it to be very relaxing to me. I am particularly fond of afghans (as are those that receive them!).

I really want  to get better at knitting and will probably be asking dumb questions now and again so please bear with me and be patient!

So many yarns/patterns....so little time!

Page 4 of 12 (180 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS