Welcome!

This post has 179 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
LoriH@3 wrote
on May 26, 2008 8:24 PM

Hello everyone,

Western Colorado is here!  I am currently working on a baby dress pattern by Blue Sky Alpaca. It's coming out well. I've been knitting for about 35 years and I am going to be 44 this year. I only became "serious" about knitting (graduated from making scarves!) about three years ago.

Lori

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on May 26, 2008 9:46 PM

ciao from italy!

I'm happy to be here!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LindaG@4 wrote
on May 26, 2008 11:42 PM

Hi knitaholics from a small town in rural Australia...  where the kangaroos are plentiful, the parrots are spectacular, and there are lots of merino sheep and alpacas!  I agree with other posters about how fantastic it is to be in a community of shared interests with people from as far afield as the Orkneys, Mexico and Kenya (to name but a few).  I'm 57, a knitter since childhood, sometime crocheter, keen reader - current projects include a kid's jacket in lurid pink mohair, a striped pullover in burgundy/wine colours with acid green contrast, a gorgeous Jo Sharp jacket, sundry socks and berets!  Any other Riverina residents interested in a knitters' group????  Let's get together (as Bryan Ferry would say.)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
JudeH wrote
on May 27, 2008 3:12 AM

Hi all, I'm so excited to that the new site is up.  I think the content looks great. 

I live just outside of Cincinnati OH.  I've been a crocheter my whole life and I've been knitting for about 8 years now.  I love everything about fiber and yarn and cannot get enough of it.  I do have a real job, (cuz I have to support my fiber addiction).  I'm a perfumer.  I make the nice smells that are added to shampoos, deodorants, well everything we use.  It's not knitting, but at least it's fun. 

When I'm not knitting or working or running my kids around, I love to blog about my fiber works, and I'm always stalking knitting patterns on the internet. 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on May 27, 2008 10:14 AM

Hello everyone! Wow, the new site is looking snazzy!

I'm Stefanie, Assistant Editor of Spin-Off and helper-outer on random other Interweave projects (I also work on Felt, Stitch, and SOAR). I'm fairly new to the crazy exciting world of knitting (I'm currently slogging through my first sweater!) so I'm sure these forums will prove invaluable to me as I'm getting my "knitting legs" under me Big Smile.

stefanie berganini
managing editor, stitch/sew daily

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
FiberFriend wrote
on May 27, 2008 3:08 PM

Teri,

Welcome to Virginia!  Where are you close to?

I'm in the Fredericksburg Area, if you need any new knitting/crochet buddies. 

Take care!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
on May 27, 2008 7:00 PM

Natalie from Seattle.  Starting to resurrect my blog, reinventory the stash, and restart the stashbusting challenge.  It's spring cleaning time!

...but I am doing everything possible to procrastinate doing the actual spring cleaning, and my knitting, crocheting and spinning are very useful for this purpose.

Good luck with the forum launching, KD...

The stashbusting (finally) starts here.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
MarciaC wrote
on May 28, 2008 7:41 PM

Hi Cyndi,

My name is Marcia (MarciaC) and I live in Bullhead City, AZ  which is very hot in the summer and because of  this I am trying my hand at knitting a lacy summer top in cotton yarn.  Although I have been knitting on and off since I was a child I've never tryed knitting anything of lace before.  Since I don't go out much in the summer (except to swim) I thought it would be a good time to learn how to knit lace.  So far so good.  I've only ripped back three times so far on the front.  In spite of problems knitting I too find it a great way to pass time, forget the world and keep my brain active and learning. 

I also do crocheting, beading, and needlework.  So when I get tired of one craft I have another and can go back to the first one later.  I eventually get all projects done.

Like you I have family in cold country and I usually knit warm stuff for them each year.  Now a couple of my nieces have had or are having babies so I've been knitting baby things, too.  One of them requested a light knit sweater for her 9-month old so I think a lacy sweater in cotton or fine baby yarn will be my next  project.  Of course being a slow knitter the baby might be over one year old by the time I finish.  Oh well, all I can do is try!

I don't envy your long drive to work in Scottsdale.  I'm retired now but I did work in Scottsdale when I lived in Wittman.  Very tiring!

When you get more proficient at knitting you might get adventurous and try some of the patterns in Interweave Knits.  The instructions are clear and easy to understand and now Knitting Daily has this forum if you have questions. 

Hope to hear from you and other AZ knitters soon.

Cool Tonkcat9  

Not Ranked
Posts 4
ReginaD wrote
on May 28, 2008 8:47 PM

Hi, Sandi!  I love Knitting Daily!  I love to knit; I am almost finished a baby afghan, and I started a simple child's sweater.

I received a few yarns as a gift; alpaca, wool and a thick/thin yarn.  It is so great to get a few yarns that you have never knitted with before so you get to try something new.  Sometimes, you just have to think outside of the box, even with knitting.

Reg

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SherriB wrote
on May 29, 2008 2:18 PM

HiBig Smile I'm new to the forums and feel a bit strange trying my hand at this. Just wanted to say hello. I am being a regular people here. In other places I am wearing the hat of my job at a local yarn shop. It's nice to be at a place where I can relax and learn from others. I have always loved Interweave both Knit and Crochet too.

Sherri

Not Ranked
Posts 5
DdL wrote
on May 30, 2008 2:44 PM

Hi Myra

in the old town centre there are three yarn shops - one in the amphitheatre piazza, one in the square dedicated to puccini and one on via fillungo

I just moved here in january - from le marche (near urbino) - and brought some yarn with me!! I always have a thousand projects started!!

and my daughter was just in the states so I had bring me a spindle and some wool - I'd love to learn how to spin!

I have really been enjoying the promenade around the city on the walls - on foot or on bike - sometimes I bring along  project and stop to knit while I people watch!

ciaociao!

d.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
DdL wrote
on May 30, 2008 2:45 PM

Hi!

we should meet up! I'm in lucca!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on May 30, 2008 9:14 PM

ciao DdL,

I think you must be in Lucca - Tuscany, am I right?

We must meet for the WWKiPD! June 14! I'm planning to go to Lucca by train that day, and Knit in Public - until now with my mother only, but we may be three.

let's get in touch - we live 30 min away from each other (by train)

Not Ranked
Posts 14
on May 31, 2008 10:35 AM

Hello from Maine!  I am a 40-something crocheter/knitter.  I have been crocheting since I was 7 years old.  My Grandmother taught me how to crochet.  I taught myself how to knit about 5 years ago.  I am disabled and my yarn crafts have helped me to stay mostly sane.:P]  I am eternally grateful for the many internet knit and crochet communities that help me to stay in touch with others who share my interests.  I am from a very small town in Maine and mostly house-bound, so meeting others is difficult.   Thank you to the designers of this wonderful forum for creating and maintaining it!

Beverly

http://beverlysyarncrazy.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 9
HeidiW wrote
on May 31, 2008 11:50 AM

Greetings from Rock Springs, Wyoming! (most folks say "oh, I'm sorry" when I tell them where I live) RS is an oil and gas boom town/mining town if you're not familiar with the name, so not so knitterly oriented. There is a small craft store run by a wonderful lady who helps to keep the knitters and quilters sane around here, especially through the long winters. I've crocheted since I was a girl (taught by my Oma) and taught myself to knit when I moved to this town two years ago. I'm an archaeologist and that explains the picture!

Cheers to all!

Page 5 of 12 (180 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS