Welcome!

This post has 179 Replies | 16 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
HeidiW wrote
on Jun 6, 2008 9:32 AM

The avatar is a photo of a prehistoric Peruvian Princess. She's been pretty well preserved, considering...Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 5
needlebee Paradise [ip] wrote
on Jun 6, 2008 9:43 AM

Thank you for letting me part of this great cyber knitting world... I am still fairly new to the whole blog and forums and posting... but I think I got the hang of it... I am so happy that you have created this wonderful place to explore.... I have been knitting since I was 8 and crocheting since I was 6... my mother was the great patient teacher.... I always thought that my mother had the greatest talent... she could knit up a sweater or blanket without patterns and not just your boring simple knits and crochet but really nice stuff... Thank you again.  I am glad I am here...

Knit a live of love and you will find peace. Paradise

Not Ranked
Posts 3
mewknits wrote
on Jun 6, 2008 10:48 AM

Hey! My name is Melanie, and I live in eastern Ohio. I learned to knit about 18 mos. ago when it was freezing outside. Prior to that I was a frustrated crocheter. This site is a blessing indeed . . . a place to get answers to my questions!!Big Smile

MelanieSmile

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jun 6, 2008 9:11 PM

Hi Sandi and all of Knitting Daily!

I joined a couple of days ago and love the site! I'm on here pretty much everyday.......

As far as knitting goes, I've been knitting for 4 or 5 years know...I think....And besides knitting, I love to dance.

A big hello to all the under-18 knitters, as a fellow under-18 knitter, it's great to see you all on here!!!

ballet barbie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
redstach wrote
on Jun 10, 2008 11:32 AM

Wow, so am i , trying to figure out socks, i have knitted for may years, but socks are still a mystery

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
redstach wrote
on Jun 10, 2008 11:34 AM

A fellow Tx. great, i love knitting but a lot more to learn,Not a youngster anymore. But sure enjoy this site and thanks for being here.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LollyR wrote
on Jun 10, 2008 3:04 PM

Just wanted to say "Hi."  I will be poking around!  Looking for free patterns, ya know?

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Silemuirin wrote
on Jun 10, 2008 5:56 PM

Hello knitters!

I'm Sheila from Regina, SK.  I'm mommy to a 10 year-old cat named Maureen.  I taught myself to knit at age 12 from a kit I bought in the toy department of Zellers.  From there, I've not stopped.  My favorite things to knit include socks and other smallish giftys for my bunch of friends and for Mom.  I'm an Irish dancer and active participant in our local Irish club.  I work in a framing shop here which is quite neat; I've been at this postion for nearly 3 months now.  I also indulge in some cross-stitch now and again, and every few years might crochet an afghan.  I prefer to work with wool or wool-blends; cotton is evil.  That's about it for me; who are you?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
redstach wrote
on Jun 11, 2008 5:28 AM

I am new to this, i am a knitter for many years but never got to the experienced level. I am a senior , grandmother of 11 and they all want things knitted. So now trying to master socks, last Christmas it was scarfs,shawls and hats, to moving on to somthing new. I just love this site , so many new things to learn.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
redstach wrote
on Jun 12, 2008 3:23 PM

Had a daughter in law,wow could she ever knit,such skill and turned things out so fast.  I did envy her . I just poke along and eventually get things done. Right now trying to pick up on sock knitting. Am a little tired of just hats and scarfs, shawls,now and then. 6 granddaughters, some really love had made items. This sure looks like a really nice site.

wrote
on Jun 12, 2008 8:18 PM

Hey Everybody! My name's Nicole and I am the customer support representative for Knitting Daily (as well as everything web based that has to do with Interweave)! Big SmileGlad to meet you all. SmileI am so happy with the new and updated website and hope you all have been enjoying it! Yes

Not Ranked
Posts 5
CarolJ@2 wrote
on Jun 13, 2008 10:15 AM

Hi Sandi and everyone.

Joined a few weeks back but only just found this welcome - oops. My name is Carol and I live in Cornwall in England. Haven't mastered the art of posting stuff properly yet so bear with me. Have knitted since I was about 6 but only took up the needles again recently. Am really loving the internet knitting community. I'm off now to explore some more.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
redstach wrote
on Jun 13, 2008 11:13 AM

Hi Carol, welcome, i am new to this forumn and getting around, lost most of the time.  have knitted for a while, now trying my hands at socks, made some years ago , but time sure makes you forget the heel turning part. ;)   My name is Irene

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SandraR@2 wrote
on Jun 13, 2008 5:24 PM

Just wanted to say Hi! My name is Sandy. I live in S. Jersey in a condo with my b/f and my yarn and I am a die hard crocheter. Here to find patterns and share thoughts. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
amanda wrote
on Jun 14, 2008 7:25 AM

Hi, everyone!  I am from Arkansas and taught myself to knit a few years ago.  I have knit a pair of baby booties and a baby cardigan.  OTN right now I have a blanket for my husband made up of 12" squares.  They alternate between navy blue and this really cool gold color.  I am 32 y.o. and have 2 boys.  Alas, none of my friends knit!  sigh, sigh!  So, I am glad for an opportunity to make knitting acquaintances.  There's not even a knitting guild here!  Anyway, I am very new to knitting and will have all kinds of dumb questions I'm sure!Stick out tongue

I have read a couple of books by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and I think she's great!  Other than that, I am really interested in taking up socks.  I would really like to knit a pair of dress socks for my husband for his birthday.  So, if anyone can explain the difference between sock yarn and fingering weight yarn to me I would really appreciate it.

On the serious side, I like knitting b/c I like to watch the fabric grow on the needles; I feel connected to other women who for centuries knitted the same way I do for their friends and loved ones; it is relaxing and peaceful (unless I of course can't figure out the pattern!); and, finally, my late grandmother, whom I loved with all my heart, knew how to knit.  She died before she could teach me how to knit.  No one else in our family knits; so, I feel like everytime I knit a part of my Nana lives on.

Page 7 of 12 (180 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS