Big fan here

This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Spinndiva wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:39 PM

I so totally love this magazine! One of my favorite and (besides knitting daily) the only one I have a subscription to!

I love the historical info and the articles in it!

Thanks for this magazin!

Way to go! :)

Hugs,

S.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
SherryP wrote
on Jun 5, 2008 5:41 AM

Historical info on knitting is great! I bought the latest issue on the stand and I'm fascinated. The lace edging patterns in this issue remind me strongly of the way I first learned to knit lace. I'm playing with the idea of trying the scarf pattern in fine (inexpensive) cotton thread that I've used to knit lace scarves before.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,771
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 2, 2008 7:07 PM

SherryP

Where can you pick up a copy of PieceWork? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
SherryP wrote
on Aug 2, 2008 7:01 PM

I get it at the local yarn shop where I spend quite a bit of time and money! Big Smile You might find it in the magazine section at a book store like Barnes & Noble; look in the area headed "Hobby" or something similar, where the knitting and quilting mags are.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MaS wrote
on Oct 6, 2008 3:29 PM

I love this magazine.  One of my kids saw me be disappointed when a bookstore did not have any issues left and he asked why I did not have a subscription. I answered because I move too often to have a subscription.  Well, I must say, even after 3 moves in 18 months the subscription services people have been WONDERFUL.  They have even sent me  the issue I seemed to have missed (post office error ?).  I cannot say enough about the magazine and the people who handle the subscriptions.  I am finishing up the Russian Scarf ( last june issue- I got it in november). It is my first try at lace knitting. I am slow but enjoying every moment- as well as the people I meet at my "new" place. I met an old friend for breakfast at IHOP one sunday and took it out to show her. Almost the entire resturant ewwed and ahhed over it. I found out where a local yarn shop and was asked to joint a "knit meet" at a local spot. 

enough!!!! I love piecework.

marianne in Fairfax VA (this week)

Not Ranked
Posts 11
PattiB wrote
on Oct 19, 2008 11:46 PM

I too to love piecework magazine, even when there isn't knitting in there I love reading the historical things they have.  I loved reading about the old samplers and the beautiful needle work of the asian girls slippers, oh I can't begin or is it I can't stop talking about the wonderful things I have seen and read about in their magazines. I also just recently subscribed because trying to find the issues was getting difficult, sometimes I would get lucky and get a copy- or not Sad and they were sold out... They would go that quickly in my B*N book store.... I figured i would just rather have to run to my mail box to look andknow I wouldn't have to worry about missing an issue !!Big Smile

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 39
MandyH wrote
on Nov 27, 2008 11:03 AM

Yes, I've recently subscribed too - I live too far away from the nearest shop which usually sells it to reliably be able to get a regular copy.

Its nice to know I won't have to worry about that any more. Its such a fascinating magazine, I really enjoy the range of articles.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
peaceozof8 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 9:52 PM

I read Piecework cover to cover, and over and over again. The writing is superb, the patterns are always interesting and inspired. I find myself reading and trying to understand patterns in needlework styles I know nothing about! Every issue is a keeper. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
patrnbabe wrote
on Jun 19, 2009 5:23 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Piecework magazine!!!!!!  I've had a subscription for years and years.  It is consistently excellent!  The articles are always excellent, the patterns well written.  I drop whatever I'm doing when it comes in the mail to read it cover to cover :)

(eta: if anyone has M/J 93, J/A 93, or M/J 94 back issues to sell, pls contact me!)

Not Ranked
Posts 7
niggle wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 2:59 PM

I just finished the Sontag from the civil war era patterns I can't remember the issue from last year.  I spun the yarn myself and adapted the pattern to the yarn and my fuller figure.  It was a hit at the homestead at our local nature center which was built in 1830. Next up the socks and t-shirt from the same issue.  My husbands first project knitting was one of the sachet patterns from about 6 years ago.  We both love the magazine and have adapted many patterns.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS