I crochet!

This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
LisaE wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:40 PM

I'm the first one to post!  It is great to see a crochet section in KD!  Thank you!  Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 6
heathergem wrote
on May 23, 2008 11:44 PM

Yeah, I donĀ“t knit at all and only subscribed to the knitting daily because I thought there will be a crochet daily one day.

I am in love with my hooks, and hope to find some inspiration here, and give some.

Hugs, Baerbel from Germany

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Tsvete wrote
on May 24, 2008 12:37 AM

Yay! I love crochet too :) It's nice to see that there is a crochet corner here for the hook-lovers, he-he. I'm making a lacy spring top right now and I've really set my mind on making the Frosted Plum Pullover - I only need to find the right yarn...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 117
Kat wrote
on May 24, 2008 7:22 AM

Crocheters: You are not alone! Sandi has taught many folks how to knit, but I just am bi-needly challenged. So, I raise my hook high to you in salute.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
darski wrote
on May 24, 2008 5:34 PM

Oh I am so happy we have a crochet corner as well.

I love both and I hate to see them separated so often.

I love all kinds of crochet but designing doll clothes has become my latest joy.  But there is nothing in the world like making hats Big Smile

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
PrincessG wrote
on May 24, 2008 8:34 PM

yes indeed it is great! i am soo in love with crocheting.. but i also knitt so its hard to decide what to do when!

its great to see so many people who crochet! :)

xoxo

PrincessG         

Dont take people for granted, beacuse one day you will realise you have lost a diamond while you were too buysing collecting stones....

Not Ranked
Posts 6
AbbySue wrote
on May 25, 2008 8:55 AM

Hello fellow crocheters!  I have to agree it is nice to see crochet included here on KD. 

I taught myself how to crochet some 30 odd years ago and love it!  I have tried to teach myself to knit but could never get the hang of it until I bought interchangeable needles.  Now I can not only knit, but can do basic knit/purl without looking at what I'm doing just like when I'm crocheting.

Now I have trouble deciding what I want to do.  Do I knit? Do I crochet? Or do I pull out my beads and play with those?!?!?! Ughhh...so many choices..mostly I've enjoyed fiddling with way to blend all 3 crafts together.  What fun!Smile

~ Time is forever, yet never here for long. Only if you're clever, you'll treasure it before its gone. ~

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SandraR wrote
on May 26, 2008 3:47 PM

Hi all, my name is Sandra and of course, I love to crochet!! Happy to be here!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
Lorene wrote
on May 27, 2008 8:42 AM

I have been knitting (off and on) for approx 45 years but am new to crochet.  The more I crochet, the more I like it.  I learned to crochet in the summer of 2005 but didn't really do much with it until summer of 2007. 

In the past few weeks I've crocheted a string market tote using Bernat Organic Cotton, two doilies from different colors of #10 thread, and two small wrist bags one of which is #10 thread doubled and two strands of pink #10 held with one strand of pearlescent white held together for the drawstring.  the other small bag is made from pink #10 and the drawstring is one strand of pink #10 with one strand of #5 pearlescent white.  Currently knitting socks while mulling what project to do next.

I'm also gald to see crocheters (as well as other fiber artists) welcomed by this forum!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on May 27, 2008 11:29 AM

I'm a crocheter too! When I learned to crochet I didn't have any desire to learn to knit because the two crafts seemed so similar (I was interested in weaving, spinning, screenprinting, etc, too, so knitting wasn't different enough from crochet to sooth my "i need yet another new hobby!" addiction). But the knitting bug finally got me a few months ago, and I'm loving it... although I do get frustrated at how many stupid loops there are that can fall off your needles! Tongue Tied

stefanie berganini
managing editor, stitch/sew daily

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on May 27, 2008 12:17 PM

I crochet, too!.  In fact, for the longest time it was my one and only. I am currently making a christening gown.  I've been bitten by the knitting bug, too.  Wish there were as many great websites for crocheters as there are for knitters.  Maybe a Crochet Daily?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
FiberFriend wrote
on May 27, 2008 2:56 PM

I love crochet too!  I think it's best to go back and forth between crochet and knitting to give your hands a break from the repetative motions.  And for me, crochet is so fast!

Right now, I'm trying to design a crochet sweater from chunky Bohemian yarn.  Any suggestions?  Warnings?  I finally found I got a decent drape/texture with size P needle - it's taking forever to design but I bet it will work up fast - if I don't have to frog too often!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
SaraJ wrote
on May 27, 2008 3:58 PM

Me, I'm trying to decide on a complementary square, 12", to go with a square, the January one, for a KAL I'm in, but I don't really like any I've seen to go with it (maybe too picky? lol . .. .)   . . .

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Cheryl wrote
on May 27, 2008 6:48 PM

Hello everyone! I too love to crochet and am glad we have a small corner here on KD.

I've been crocheting for over 30 years and still love it. I use to crochet more when I lived in Pennsylvania (after all, what are you going to do when it's cold and snowy?!) but when I moved to Florida I found it's too hot most of the time for me to crochet what I love to make most....afghans. Can you imagine having a queen or king sized afghan sitting on your lap when it's 90 degrees - and it's only May?! Welcome to my quandry. Big Smile

The house we live in has a window shaker for an AC unit and runs the electric bill right up there, so we live with fans. Needless to say, I wait for the cooler weather to crochet like a mad woman while I can!

I have afghan patterns everywhere and most of them I have already purchased enough yarn to make them.

So many yarns/patterns....so little time!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
FiberFriend wrote
on May 28, 2008 9:28 AM

Cheryl,

Maybe this solution is too uncomfortable too, but I've considered working an afghan while sitting at a table - like the kitchen table - so the table can support the blanket and I don't have to be so hot!

But, you can't sit in your favorite comfy chair that way, I guess... 

Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS