Hi there!

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Ciaran wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:47 PM

Hello!

I am Ciaran from Germany. I've been around for quite a while now and I appreciate the forum. Thanks so much for adding one. ;) I might keep a little to myself, though, since I don't feel very comfortable knowing there are so many of you reading my rusty English. Although I'm practicing - I still need a looong time to write one sentence which isn't full of mistakes or uses bad, bad grammer.

I've been knitting since 2006 and really enjoy "Knitting Daily".

So, hello to everybody and nice meeting you all. :)

Ciaran

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
Terry Morris wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:51 PM

Wow Ciaran - your English is excellent! I'm evious that you are in Germany with all of the lovely sock yarns. My dad goes to Germany every year in September and brings me home lots of colorful sock yarns. Do you knit socks?

Terry

Not Ranked
Posts 5
skaterjo wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:54 PM

I love Opal yarn for socks!! We lived in Gerany for 10 years and I wasn't knitting then--can you believe it? You have such great yarn stores----even as a non  knitter, I knew that!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Ciaran wrote
on May 23, 2008 1:56 PM

Hello Terry,

thank you very much. I try very hard and use an online dictionary. ;)

Where in Germany does your Dad go to? Does he work here?

I was on vacation in Florida these past two weeks and all yarn stores I went to had German sock yarn! Isn't that funny? I got lots of American yarn, though. ;)

Yes, I knit socks but I'm only a beginner. Do you knit them, too?

Ciaran

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Ciaran wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:00 PM

Hi JoAnn,

really, you used to live here? Where did you live? I sure know "Opal Sockenwolle" (=Opal Sock Yarn)! ;)

Hm, there are some great yarn stores but they are hard to find. And they are usually much smaller than American yarn stores. I enjoyed visiting yarn stores in Florida - there were so many nice people there and all of them knew stuff about Germany. I hadn't expected our small country to be known - and liked! :) - by so many people in the United States.

Ciaran

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS