How does Eunny Jang knit?

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
MaryR wrote
on Jan 22, 2010 3:48 PM

I have seen Eunny on her show and have been blown away by how fast she knits. I know continental and American but have never seen anyone hold their needles the way Eunny holds hers. Can you tell me what kind of knitting this is and how can I learn it?  Thanks,  Mary from California

Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Feb 1, 2010 8:04 PM

Her knitting is continental, but she holds her left index finger "crooked" to tension the yarn, and uses her left middle finger to loop the yarn around the needle. 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Valerie@39 wrote
on Feb 2, 2010 4:09 AM

I, too, have been blown away by Eunny's knitting.  Do you know of a video in which she teaches her technique? 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 35
SheilaB@23 wrote
on Feb 2, 2010 7:15 AM

Hi

Eunny has videos on YouTube.

Sheila

Not Ranked
Posts 6
MD Knitter wrote
on Apr 2, 2010 10:52 PM

I knit this way, too, and it really is quite fast. I go to a local Ravelry meeting every week, and many people have asked me why I can knit and look up at them at the same time.  This is because the yarn is completely controlled at all times, and when I'm knitting (so this doesn't include when I purl, where I do have to watch), the points of my needles are just about touching, so that a stitch can't slip off accidentally.  If you watch her videos on YouTube and give it a try, it really doesn't take that long to master.

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS