Howdy from Oklahoma!

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 7
AnnieS wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:04 PM

I'm an avid knitter living in Tulsa, OK. I grew up here, moved away for college, got married, started a family and moved back home for the free babysitting. I used to have an exciting career as a research scientist and worked on all sorts of interesting projects. Now, I am a stay at home mama to two little girls, aged three years and the other is 4 months--also interesting projects. I knit as a brain break. I am also a glass beadmaker/ jewelry artist and knitting helps keep my hands flexible for when I can't get to the studio (which is laying dormant since the arrival of the newest daughter). My husband happily feeds the yarn stash when it growls. 

I learned to knit over 20 years ago at my mom's knee. Then she felt it was a dying art and it was up to my sister and I to carry the knitting flame to the next generation. I was a serious flunky. It wasn't until 5 years ago a friend cajoled me into trying a knit class with her that it all clicked. After the class, my next project was a sweater! Using Noro! And thus started my love of self striping yarns. My poor friend took the class and retired her needles. 

I can't wait to teach my girls. My older girl is keenly interested. 

On my needles: socks, a shrug, and a mindless knitting scarf. Yes, I like to work on multiple projects at once :-)

Annie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Natshell wrote
on May 23, 2008 2:22 PM

Hi!!  I'm from Oklahoma too!  I'm in Bristow now but will be moving closer to Tulsa this summer.  Glad to know there are other Okies here.

Natshell

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~~Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS