hand spinning class

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
BRENDA@7 wrote
on Feb 27, 2010 6:27 PM

I went to a yarn shop I had not been to before and it was really neat. They are going to be teaching a drop spindle class starting in March and I am going to go to it. I can't wait.

Brenda

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
dizzysue wrote
on Feb 28, 2010 5:57 AM

Hi Brenda. I learnt to spin on a drop spindle as well.  I have been spinning for 30 ish years and have 2 wheels. I feel you are about to embark on a fantastic journey. Happy spinning. Sue.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
BRENDA@7 wrote
on Feb 28, 2010 6:42 AM

Well thank you Sue. I am looking forward to it that is for sure. I am trying it at home a little but am just not getting it. Yep just what I need Another Hobby LOL>

Brenda

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
dizzysue wrote
on Mar 1, 2010 8:28 AM

Ir will come all of a sudden Brenda. I am  spinning merino tops at the moment in 3 shade of blue.  I plan to knit a jumper for my DH. Today is my hubby's birthday and he got some handknitted socks from my sister,he was over the moon and you cant say that about sock presents normally  :) lol. Sue.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
BRENDA@7 wrote
on Aug 18, 2010 10:56 AM

I took a spinning wheel class last weekend and did not take the drop spindle class for some reason (can't remember why).

The spinning wheel class was so much fun. We used Alpaca. The teacher left her regular wool at home she usually uses so we had to use Alpace. We were told that if we could spin that we could spin anything lol. Now my yarn really does look a mess but I am quite happy with it and am trying to decide what to make with it. I am thinking maybe an eyeglass case or something and felt it.

I now need a spinning wheel at some point in time.

Brenda

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS