THE OFFICIAL MINIMALIST CARDIGAN POST

This post has 776 Replies | 30 Followers rated by 19 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on May 10, 2010 10:35 PM

sjc:

ginrose:

My cardi is finally finished and ready for the camera. One of the disadvantages of living alone is getting photos of myself so I might have to post a pic of it on a hanger.

I was in the same situation as you...I took cardi and camera to my LYS and they were very happy to take pictures for me.  In fact, when Kathleen posted some of the finished cardi's on Interweave Daily there was much excitement in the shop!  Everyone recognized the brick in the background and since my yarn came from there too it was very appropriate.  Yeaaa little Camas Creek LYS in Kalispell, Montana!  I'm sure yours would do the same.  I've also taken my camera to work and had a co-worker take pics for me (to be posted on Ravalry someday).  We singles have to be creative!  NO HANGERS!  You go girl...

Sherry

I really  don't know how to manuever a blog so hope this gets to Sherry.  Horrah for Kalispell, Montana.  We lived for 13 years in Stevensville, Montana.  If your LYS was there 15-20 years ago, I have been in the shop.  We were in Kalispell often as our daughters participated in sports and cheerleading and we made trips there with them when Stevi would travel to Kalispell. I miss Montana so very much - still get to the Bitterroot often as we have a daughter living there and I return to visit all my friends.  Several small, somewhat decent LYS in the Missoula/Bitterroot area.  How long have you been in Kalispell?  Small world!!!

Grandma V.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
4inleo wrote
on May 11, 2010 3:22 PM

Nayla,

How lucky your mom is. What a lovely sweater!  The color will go with so many different things, she will wear it a lot.

sue

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on May 11, 2010 6:39 PM

Grandma V:
I really  don't know how to manuever a blog so hope this gets to Sherry.  Horrah for Kalispell, Montana.  We lived for 13 years in Stevensville, Montana.  If your LYS was there 15-20 years ago, I have been in the shop. 

Hi Grandma V:

This particular shop has only been in Kalispell about three years so you wouldn't have known of it.  I grew up in Polson, MT and went a year to U of M so know Missoula somewhat.  The Bitteroot Valley is a nice place but too many people moving there for my liking.  It IS often a small world!

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 10
jehlfamily wrote
on May 12, 2010 6:08 PM

I"M DONE!!                         Yippee..... I left my camera at school today, so I will post a picture tomorrow.

I'm grateful for having help along the way. I was able to jump in with more confidence knowing that all you folks would be my safety net!

Sue

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Pink Heather wrote
on May 12, 2010 8:18 PM

jehlfamily:

I"M DONE!!                         Yippee..... I left my camera at school today, so I will post a picture tomorrow.

I'm grateful for having help along the way. I was able to jump in with more confidence knowing that all you folks would be my safety net!

Sue

Can't wait to see it. 

I've put mine aside while I try and get a lace shawl done for a friends daughter ~ her prom is weekend after next.  Once it's done I can finish up my sleeves and sew my Minimilist Cardi all together.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
DebbieC@62 wrote
on May 12, 2010 8:45 PM

Started my sleeves today - I'm just going to follow the pattern exactly and hope for good results.  Thanks to all who have finished and posted photos -- it keeps me motivated to finish.  So far, I don't even know which one I like best - they are all beautiful!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MyleneL wrote
on May 13, 2010 6:24 AM

I followed the pattern exactly.  I was a little nervous about putting the pieces together but everything fit together like a puzzle (as it should).

Good luck!

I finished mine last week and finally got around to having someone take some pictures (at the cafe where we meet for Knit Night).  I love this little cardi.  I think all the girls in my knitting group want to make one since they've seen mine.  AND, this pattern is written for a variety of sizes which they really appreciated. Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on May 13, 2010 8:14 AM

MyleneL:

What a beautiful color.  It turned out great.  Congratulations!  I love seeing all the posted pics.

Sherry

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Pink Heather wrote
on May 13, 2010 10:27 AM

Gorgeous sweater.  Congrats on getting it finished.

What are you busy working on now?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
DebbieC@62 wrote
on May 13, 2010 10:27 AM

MyleneL:
I followed the pattern exactly.  I was a little nervous about putting the pieces together but everything fit together like a puzzle (as it should).

Thanks for the encouragement - your finished cardi looks great, and I love the color!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MyleneL wrote
on May 13, 2010 11:02 AM

Well, I finished a pair of my Rockin' Sock Club socks (the January ones) yesterday and started the Noro Striped Scarf by Jared Flood (but I'm using Berroco Foliage instead of Noro Silk Garden - the Berroco was on sale).  It's a 'tweener project for me.  When I'm finished the scarf, I'll start Pucker by Norah Gaughan.  I also want to make the Tilted Duster (cover of 2007 Fall Interweave Knits).  I wonder if that's ever been done as a KAL?

How's yours coming alone?

Ciao!

Mylene

Not Ranked
Posts 10
MyleneL wrote
on May 13, 2010 11:05 AM

Ooooh.  Debbie... a little tip if I may that I forgot to mention before.  When you're getting ready to sew the pieces together, baste them first.  I just line the pieces up and tie the two pieces together with (scrap yarn) as sort of a check-point.  I used to hate it when you got to the underarm and I had more left on one side than on the other.  I even do that for the sleeves now.  Works like a charm to make sure you don't get off track.

Let me know how your Cardi turns out.

M

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on May 13, 2010 12:20 PM

MyleneL:
When you're getting ready to sew the pieces together, baste them first.

Something else that works well for basting are the plastic picks that you can get at Walgreens for holding old-fashioned curlers in place and plastic party picks work well too.  I've even used wooden toothpicks in a pinch but you have to be careful they don't snag.  We knitters are just full of innovative ideas!

Sherry

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Pink Heather wrote
on May 13, 2010 12:36 PM

Or those butterfly hairclips I've heard work well.Yes

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
ginrose wrote
on May 13, 2010 1:13 PM

Pink Heather:
Or those butterfly hairclips I've heard work well.

The little hairclips work better for me than anything I've ever used. I found a package of 16 teeny ones that are the perfect size and the cost was the same as for the pack of 4 mid-size ones. I love the way they hold pieces together and are so easy to remove.

Page 48 of 52 (777 items) « First ...  < Previous  46 47 48 49 50  Next >  ... Last » | RSS