THE OFFICIAL MINIMALIST CARDIGAN POST

This post has 776 Replies | 30 Followers rated by 19 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
KathyAF wrote
on May 20, 2010 12:35 PM

Finished!   I made mine longer with longer sleeves, since this is going to be my "slouchy" sweater for all-around wear!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
AnnP@6 wrote
on May 20, 2010 2:01 PM

I like the longer look myself.   I wish I had made mine longer.    I've finished the pieces, just need to block them and put it together.  

Annie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
DebbieC@62 wrote
on May 23, 2010 7:10 PM

Looks great - beautiful color.  I'm seaming today - did my first ever kitchener stitch, and it worked pretty well although I felt like I had no idea what I was doing the entire time!  Hopefully, finished and pictures tomorrow.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
ChesapkLady wrote
on May 23, 2010 9:37 PM

The color is delicious, and I love the idea of making the sweater longer. I'm still thinking of keeping the sleeves 3/4 length though. . . This is gorgeous! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Peggy

Not Ranked
Posts 6
ChesapkLady wrote
on May 23, 2010 9:45 PM

I have two questions about the pattern and how it turns out; first, the band that goes down the fronts, do they always curl like "unfinished knitting," or is there something you can do to make it drape (and not curl) without actually doing ribbing? Second, I like the versions that I've seen that have sort of "puffy" sleeves. Is that a function of tighter ribbing at the cuff, or is it the yarn? I'd like to use something that drapes nicely. . . . think I'll go to my LYS for advice on what to use.

Can't wait to get started on mine. I have just a few more evenings on the current project, and I can begin, but I have to find those few more evenings!

Thanks,

Peggy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
DebbieC@62 wrote
on May 24, 2010 10:43 AM

Finished this morning!  I'm so excited that I actually completed it - I love the color, love the fact that it fits, and really love the fact that I was able to enjoy the encouragement and camaraderie of this group while making it.  I'm not a joiner, don't go to knit clubs or anything, but you guys have been great.  One day, maybe I'll even get that kitchener stitch right! (The color with me wearing it is much closer to the true shade)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
KathyAF wrote
on May 26, 2010 9:54 AM

Looks great - congratuations!   I agree with the comments about the community here - it really kept me going and motivated.  Even after many uses of the kitchener stitch, I still struggle with it - every time I have to get my little book out and talk out loud to myself thru each stitch!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 26, 2010 11:04 AM

KathyAF:
the kitchener stitch

Hi All and congratulations to all who are doing the Mini Cardi (I had to drop out due to health),

I made a little verse about remembering the kitchener stitch.  Line up your two needles side by side (front needle, back needle).

Front needle first:  knit off, purl thru, yarn to the back.

Back needle second:  purl off, knit thru, yarn to the front.

Start again with front needle.

When knitting thru or purling thru, you insert the yarn knitwise or purlwise and leave it on the needle.  The next time around you will knit or purl this stitch off.  It is simple enough but the order of the stitching is important.  When you bring the yarn to the front or to the back, you do not yarn over or under the needle.  Take the little verse and follow along with the kitchner directions.  Yes, I still do have to think it through before I start a kitchener stitch off.

Zoe

Not Ranked
Posts 10
jehlfamily wrote
on May 26, 2010 1:30 PM

Debbie,

Your sweater looks great.  I see that you did the rib stitch all the way across the bottom. I was thinking if I knit this again, I would do that.  Your sweater and mine are the same color.  I think you have good taste.Smile

Sue

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
DebbieC@62 wrote
on May 26, 2010 9:14 PM

I have now watched several more video instructions on the kitchener stitch, and with ya'll's suggestions added to that, I think I'll be ready for the next time!  I wasn't happy with the sleeves, so I put some elastic thread to make the ribbing tighter, and I am loving it even more.  Wore it to handbell practice tonight - what a hoot!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
clocke wrote
on May 28, 2010 10:21 AM

Congrats on the finished cardi, Debbie!

I'm still plugging along.  Almost done with one of the sleeves and then onwards to the other one.  Hopefully I'll get some free time to sit and knit this weekend.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
clocke wrote
on May 28, 2010 10:23 AM

Kathy, I like that color.  Very pretty.  :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
ginrose wrote
on May 31, 2010 1:32 PM

Finished a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have a photo to share.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
DebbieC@62 wrote
on Jun 1, 2010 5:53 PM

Very pretty, Ginrose, and beautiful color! 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
Bbelle wrote
on Jun 2, 2010 11:57 AM

Oh, I've run out of steam...the garden has been calling, the quilting project that is supposed to be done in July has been calling...what will I do?!

I'm almost finished the body of my MC so hope that getting through the sleeves will be quicker.  Smaller, more portable sleeves will be motivational, I hope.  The photos of the finishd projects are very inspirational...beautiful!  Congratulations on such nicely done jobs!

Page 50 of 52 (777 items) « First ...  < Previous  48 49 50 51 52  Next > | RSS