THE OFFICIAL MINIMALIST CARDIGAN POST

This post has 776 Replies | 30 Followers rated by 19 users
Not Ranked
Posts 4
ranaqueen wrote
on Jun 16, 2010 11:32 AM

I'm still plugging along.....my sleeves are about half finished.  Watching World Cup Soccer makes me knit faster so maybe I'll be able to finish them this week.  I clipped my shoulders together and the body fits perfectly - I knit the fronts and backs together up to the armholes and it seemed so big...but it's all good.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
relaaax wrote
on Jun 29, 2010 4:34 AM

I had exactly the same situation.  My sweater is in a beautifully soft Ella Rae Shibu silk yarn.  Go to ravelry.com and join up.  There are several forums and I went to the yarn forum asking if anyone had this yarn.  I gave the color number and dye lot number.  The next day someone answered and had the yarn in the correct dye lot.  Amazing!  Good Luck.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
creanet wrote
on Jun 29, 2010 5:58 AM

This is my first knit-along. Seems like a great idea!Thank you.

diseño web | diseño grafico

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 160
Beehiveof8 wrote
on Jul 2, 2010 6:47 AM

Well, I think I must be the last one to be finishing this... and I'm not even done yet!  

I just started my first sleeve last night, and am hoping to finish it this weekend and get going on the other sleeve.  I'm trying to push to get this done as I have a BSJ to make for my cousin who just had a baby, but I'm afraid if I leave the mini cardi unfinished I won't get back to it until who knows when.  As with everyone else, we are busy summer activities and gardening so my knitting time isn't as plentiful as it usually is in the winter.

As I am looking to the end of this project, can anyone give me a quick 101 on blocking a sweater?  I did the main part of the body in one piece.  Does that make any difference?  I've never blocked a sweater before.  The biggest thing I blocked was a couple of wool soakers for my youngest.

I've really enjoyed doing up this pattern... I'm a beginner knitter, and this has been a great knit!

Blessings,

Lisa

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 4:07 AM

Lisa,

Just to let you know, I have not finished my cardi yet. I have to complete the bind offs for my left sleeve and other then putting the pieces together I will be done. So, don't fret, you are not alone.

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 8
ChristineM@3 wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 9:46 AM

I'm still knitting sleeves; thrilled to be finishing my first sweater, no regrets at preferring frogging to living with minor errors, even though it took additional time.

Would benefit if someone responds to Lisa, since I, too, knit the sweater around in one piece, and am inexperienced at blocking ...

Not Ranked
Posts 6
ChesapkLady wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 9:51 AM

I think this is no longer a KAL, but a LTPSIDC. (Love This Project So I Don't Care!) The samples I've seen on here are gorgeous, I love how mine looks and feels (I'm knitting fronts and back all together too) even though I've only got about 7" in length so far. So. . . LTPSIDC!

Peggy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 314
sjc wrote
on Jul 3, 2010 8:18 PM

ChristineM@3:
Would benefit if someone responds to Lisa, since I, too, knit the sweater around in one piece, and am inexperienced at blocking ...

Hi Lisa and Christine,

Good for you for sticking with your sweaters until they're finished.  I love mine and have worn it often.  I knit it in Sublime which is (I think) is merino wool, silk and cashmere.  I don't know how that compares with your yarns but I knit mine in the round and blocked it the same.  I laid out the front and back together, front up, and pinned it to the blocking board to the measurements given and steam pressed with a damp cloth.  I didn't soak it because I feel the steam pressing is less of a strain on the yarn and it usually comes out looking fine.  I did the front/back together and the sleeves separately then did the sewing together and touched up the seams afterward to flatten them.  I don't know if this is the "correct" way to do it but it worked well for me.  I've attached a picture of the way I laid out the front/back to block and I know there is a picture of the finished cardi is somewhere in this KAL but here it is again for you to see how it came out.  Best of luck to you and to all who are still working on it.

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 11
vickild wrote
on Jul 5, 2010 9:22 AM

Lisa,

I only have about 6 in. of the front done but I am determined to finish. Have to knit around job and laziness. I love knit-a-longs. This is my first because I am so slow. I  recently learned to knit so I need to concentrate. I grew tired of scarves and squares and wanted to challenge myself to a sweater. Keep on knitting.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
ChristineM@3 wrote
on Jul 6, 2010 6:43 AM

Sharon, thanks so much for letting us know how you finished your beautiful sweater! I'm knitting in merino wool, so your example should work for me. And the photos of your finished sweater are an inspiration. Thanks again.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
kirann wrote
on Jul 14, 2010 1:43 AM

Hello your blog is having Tremendous post and will look forward to your future update.I really like your blog. Please keep writing.thanks!

porcelain floor tiles

Not Ranked
Posts 10
clocke wrote
on Jul 15, 2010 6:57 AM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's still plugging along!  :D

My cardi is currently in pieces, but the pieces are finished and have been blocked.  Now I just need to sit down and sew all of the bits together and hope I didn't do something terribly backwards along the way.  Lol.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
ranaqueen wrote
on Jul 15, 2010 12:30 PM

I, too, am making progress slowly, but should finish sewing in the 2nd sleeve tonight.  I hope to wear mine in my air-conditioned office tomorrow!  I'll get photos once it's done. 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Jul 26, 2010 3:23 PM

kathleen, the picture of your completed Minimalist just popped up - it's wonderful  and I love your yarn choice - way to go, girl! - rosemary

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Judy@9 wrote
on Jul 26, 2010 7:36 PM

I made this sweater last winter and have worn it several times this summer.  I really love this pattern and will make another one.  In fact I was wearing it when I got the email today that featured it.  I always get so many complements when I wear it.  I wanted to ask the member of the KAL if they had a problem understanding the pattern on the top of the sleeves.  I ended up with a tab like feature which I easily fixed, but I don't know how I read the pattern wrong.  Did anyone else have a problem understanding the sleeeve top instructions?  thanks, Judy

Page 51 of 52 (777 items) « First ...  < Previous  48 49 50 51 52  Next > | RSS