Interweave Knits Summer 2010

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
BeKKnits wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 7:56 AM

When does Interweave Knits Summer 2010 ship out? I have looked at the preview and am dying to get it!!!!!!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
LindaM@2 wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 9:18 AM

Mine came yesterday - hang in there~

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
BeKKnits wrote
on Apr 29, 2010 8:12 PM

I'll try! Big Smile

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
BeKKnits wrote
on May 1, 2010 8:41 AM

I got mine yesterday, and I like it a lot! My favorite pattern is probably the daisy stitch tunic. I know I want to make it sometime, I just don't know when. Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,542
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on May 1, 2010 11:34 AM

I think it's shipped, so keep checking your mailbox!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
EssieB wrote
on May 2, 2010 10:32 AM

I received my Summer 2010 yesterday.  It is my least favorite issue of the magazine in three years.  The styling in this magazine is awkward and ugly.  It is as though the editors completely forgot that it is a SUMMER issue.  It starts with the Jali Cardigan, which is layered over another cardigan and a bulky shirt and a tank.  The Persephone Shell is shown over a full, gathered shirt that makes a bulky, irregular silhouette (see pages 48 and 60) underneath the shell.  The Singalong Sweater, with 3/4 sleeves and a short-waisted bottom, would only make for serious teasing for its 11 year-old model.  No American boy would be seen in it.  The beautiful Box 96 Pullover and Gamine Tank are both shown over blouses like it is the dead of winter.  Their beautiful lines and shoulder-baring potential are completely lost.  The same goes for the Lace Saddle Tee and the Daisy-Stitch Tunic.  The summer appeal is lost as they are treated like cold weather vests.  What's up with this?!!!   

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 56
BeKKnits wrote
on May 3, 2010 7:43 AM

I do agree about the singalong sweater, but some of the pictures were photographed outside on a 6 degree day in December. Besides, many of those things can be worn without the extra layers. Also, in the introduction, it says they have some patterns for sweaters, so you can start them in the summer and finish  them by fall. I like it a lot, and I am sorry you are disappointed.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
annieb47 wrote
on Sep 12, 2010 10:34 AM

I had the exact same reaction as EssieB to this so-called "summer" issue. While there are some patterns I like, the overall impression is NOT summer, or, it's summer for frumpy puritanical prudes. All the layering is ridiculous and detracts from most of the designs. Some of the ads do a much better job of conveying a summery feel.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS