Herbert Niebling tablecloth highlighted on KD in late April. Does anyone know the pattern name?

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
claytime wrote
on May 5, 2010 10:35 AM

I thought the Niebling tablecloth highlighted on KD on April 28 was fabulous.  Can anyone tell me the pattern name?  It was an ad for the new issue of Piecework, but the pattern is not included in the issue.  Thanks in advance. Melissa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on May 5, 2010 10:09 PM

Hi Melissa...

I just looked in my copy of that issue. The pic is on page 14 + the written description beside it calls it "Peony". Also goes on to say who knitted this one as well as thread + hook sz.  It's beautiful !!!

As well on pgs 16 + 17 there are more smaller pics. The doily on the far right + far left is similar to that tablecloth + has multiple names:

Frosted Ferns - Oak or Acorn Forest - Acorn Woods

It's also really pretty!!! 

Hope this helped...if you find any patterns out there on the internet...I'de be interested. please post back w/ links if you can.  He designed some really nice items.

Take Care .... Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 3
claytime wrote
on May 11, 2010 10:41 AM

Found some interesting leads. 

Scenter on the 'men who knit blog' wrote

Found it, under Pfingstrose, published in 3 places:

Anna Special E 554, Strickspitze
Anna, 08/1996
Meyers Handarbeitsheft Nr. 36, Kunststricken

Pfingstrose is German for peony, plural Pfingstrosen

and Mary Frances herself, (nintu on Ravelry) wrote:

If you mean the tablecloth that’s pictured at the beginning of the article, it’s Pfingstrose/Peony by Herbert Niebling. The pattern I used for that cloth is from one of the Anna Burda specials, no. 554. It appears on the back cover and on page 33. It is not named in that publication, but in Anna (August 1996) it is named “Pfingstrose” (Peony). The pattern was also published as Meyer leaflet 1447.

(Niebling also published another pattern called Pfingstrose. It’s quite different, but the name creates some confusion.)

I missed a copy of Anna on ebay last week, but I'm hopeful it will come up again.

melissa

ps: turns out there is a group on Ravelry for Niebling Knitters.  should be interesting.  Happy Knitting!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
GillianH wrote
on May 12, 2010 6:20 PM

Y ou will find the Herbert Neibling Knitted Lace Designs at this address.http://www.schoolhousepress.com/lace.htm

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on May 12, 2010 10:58 PM

Hi...

Thanks to both of you for sharing the info + the link to Schoolhouse Press. I'll file it for future.

Take Care .... Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JackieBolt wrote
on Dec 17, 2012 10:54 PM

Thanks for the link..I just went in and was able to order his book.  Look forward to recieving it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS