THE OFFICIAL SLEEVELESS TUXEDO SHIRT KAL POST

This post has 353 Replies | 20 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 5:53 PM

Sharon, that is a beautiful color and a great knitting job.  I see you used the knit side as your right side.  I'm still debating.  Is anyone using the purl side?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 7:19 PM

hi jean - it's all progress. i think our woman leader made a go of it because the prior man was so awful and did such a bad job. scouts were dropping like flies. she made it fun again and brought in a whole new crew. good luck and happy camping and knitting!

hi deb - and thanks for you kind words. i did decide to switch to the knit side for the outside. liked that look better, seemed more finished to me. good luck with yours and what color are you doing?

sharon

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 7:32 PM

yogama:
Hi deb - and thanks for you kind words. i did decide to switch to the knit side for the outside. liked that look better, seemed more finished to me. good luck with yours and what color are you doing?

sharon

I'm using hempathy as well but I bought the sort of lime green color.  But I'm kind of wishing I'd bought the aqua now.  LOL!   I'm making it for my niece and both colors would've worked well with her skin tone. 

I love the knit side as well, but the purl side is a different look even though I'm not a big fan of it.  I guess I'll wait till the last minute to decide.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 8:55 PM

i was going to wait until the last minute, but the knitting decided for me - the hem is curling, under on the purl side, therefore outwards on the knit. if it is going to curl, i'd rather have it curling under. so purl is the right side. i like the way it contrasts with the knit rows of the lace panel. i'll think of some way to have it hang better.

when my niece wears it, maybe i'll get her to walk around with her hands just so at the hemline, like the model in the picture!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
JaniseE wrote
on Jun 19, 2010 10:31 AM

bessT:

i was going to wait until the last minute, but the knitting decided for me - the hem is curling, under on the purl side, therefore outwards on the knit. if it is going to curl, i'd rather have it curling under. so purl is the right side. i like the way it contrasts with the knit rows of the lace panel. i'll think of some way to have it hang better.

when my niece wears it, maybe i'll get her to walk around with her hands just so at the hemline, like the model in the picture!

I debated about the knit vs purl side and finally chose the purl side - I like the look - mine was also curling at the hem but the crochet edging took the curl out!  I loved the lace panel - but I'm into knitting lace these days - I have finished all the knitting - seamed the sides and added the crochet edging at the bottom - still need to seam the shoulder straps and do the crochet edging around the neck and bib.  Hope to finish this weekened!

Sharon - love the color you chose - looks great!

Janise

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jun 19, 2010 2:17 PM

JaniseE:

I debated about the knit vs purl side and finally chose the purl side - I like the look - mine was also curling at the hem but the crochet edging took the curl out!

Glad to hear that.  Mine is curling toward the purl as well and I hoped that the crochet hem would take care of that.  It's nice to hear it will all work out in the end. :D

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 10:50 AM

hi all,

my hem didn't cure because i used the picot cast on - and i did that because my swatch was curling. maybe that is why my straps (i knitted them plain and not lace) are curling? but mine are curling to the inside and are knitted not purled. go figure.

i did see the lime green you chose deb, but since green is my fav color and i have so much.....i decided to branch out.

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 11:03 AM

sorry i meant "curl" not "cure". you probably already figured that out already. i am the typo queen....

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 11:42 AM

i didn't even notice LOL

my swatch curled in on the knit side, up the sides too. knitting has stalled on my project here, midway up the front but i have the lace pattern figured out including bobbles where buttons would go. i like the look of it. if i don't have time to finish it before the KAL runs out, i'll post a picture of the front in progress anyway Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 2
melschoenwx wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 1:17 PM

I voted for this one! And then left the country for a missions trip (on which I taught some abused girls how to knit! They were great!) Anyway, i am back and wanted to join in. It is my first time doing a KAL, but I have been a knitter fir 14 years. Can i join in late? I have the pattern (I save all my mags from you guys!) and the yarn and would be able to catch up and join in if it is ok!

Thanks! 

Aloha,

Melissa

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
JeanG@31 wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 2:51 PM

So much for all the knitting i thought i would get done this past weekend.  only made it to the 4th decrease on the front. 

Jean

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,452
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jun 21, 2010 3:01 PM

Hi Jean!

You can definitely join in! I'm running behind, though I'm catching up a bit. I have about 5 inches done, and since I'm doing it in the round, that's a lot!

Welcome.

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 5:05 PM

ooops i think kathleen meant to say welcome melissa!

and i personally think since you were on a mission and teaching abused girls to knit, you can be as far behind as you want. that is an amazing thing you did!  don't know you, but i am so proud of you anyway!

happy knitting!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 5:17 PM

Hi Sharon...

It's a bit weird...but a plain knitted swatch always curls to the knit side on the top + bottom edges. The side edges always curl to the purl side.

Your sweater was very nice + uniquely yours!!!

I read your post on SOCKS earlier + am heading there now to answer.

Take Care .... Andrea

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 75
Solina wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 9:29 PM

Hi Melissa.  God bless you upon your return...I think there are few of us who are "behind"...you should definitely join in, and will probably will catch up to us laggers in no time!  I, like Kathleen Cubley, am also knitting in the round, and I'm about 3 1/2 inches from CO.  ...But I think I'm probably much much slower than Kathleen.  I'm knitting garter stitch (on both sides), and am not sure if that's slowing me down.  I did swatch rev Stockinette...so far the fabric is feeling a little thicker than I wanted. 

Hope to hear about your progress, Melissa!

Solina.

Page 21 of 24 (354 items) « First ...  < Previous  19 20 21 22 23  Next >  ... Last » | RSS