For written instructions and diagrams for this technique clickie here

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on May 21, 2010 9:52 PM

bessT:

This is a good idea, thanks sjc.

For written instructions and diagrams for this technique clickie here

For some reason I get an error message if I click edit. We are on a new page in the post so to explain, the link is for the sloped bind off technique.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 21, 2010 9:59 PM

bessT:
For some reason I get an error message if I click edit.

Hi BessT,

The edit button is for you to add or take off something that you have just posted.  If you are trying to get to the sloped bind off technique, you click on that link which should be a different color than the rest of the posted thread.

Hope this helps,  Zoe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on May 21, 2010 10:12 PM

I am trying to edit my own message ;) and I'm getting an error page instead of the re-write window, which I was able to do earlier but not any more. pc issues at my end, I guess.

Yes, ok on the link,. I thought the written directions would be useful too.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Maylablue wrote
on May 22, 2010 6:41 AM

My yarn arrived the color is Euroflax - Seafoam.  I swatched to get the proper gauge. I am using size 4 needles. I am ready to begin my first decreases on the back.  So far I am delighted with the feel of the knitted yarn. I love the shade of green (seafoam). I ordered on-line and sometimes the color on the screen is not the true color of the dyed yarn. This one was exactly as show on Paradise Yarn web site.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 22, 2010 8:36 AM

Hi BessT,

It does get frustrating when trying to do something that was able to be done before.  Last night my computer kept freezing up no matter what I did it wouldn't co-operate.  I guess it was trying to tell me that it really was bedtime!  LOL

Do you have a virus scanner/program that you can run?  Perhaps that is all that there is to the problem.  If life were only that simple there would be no "frogging", right?

Hope you get it to work, Zoe

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Debbie@132 wrote
on May 22, 2010 8:36 AM

Hi I was so excited that I found this pattern in an older copy of Interweave Knits. Summer 2007. I started to make mine ou t of Echo. I didn't know about the knit along . It will be nice to work along with a group. I already have 80 rows on my back piece. Debbie

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 31
Jag009 wrote
on May 22, 2010 12:13 PM

Bess,

I tried to edit my own comments as well and I also got the error page on two different computers.  I seriously don't think it's us.  I thought about having one of my sons (one works for Microsoft in San Francisco, another for SWC in Chicago and another owns Artech Solutions in Iowa) look into it, but decided to just "let it go" because their idea of "important" and mine are totally different! LOL!  But on the bright side...I now have an inch and a half done on the back of the sweater!

Jane

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on May 22, 2010 3:36 PM

Hi Bess and Jag009,

I am glad someone else has run into this problem too.  I have only used the edit button once and when I checked back, the whole reply of mine was erased!  I guess I edited myself right out!  Now I just hit the reply button again and add to what I previously posted.  Some do this routinely and will have several posts in a row.

What are the colors you are using? and what yarn? did you go with the recommended yarns?  I don't really have the time to do sweater, t-shirt or anything that large of a project.  Right now I am doing socks.  I have a need to knit but have alot of stresses looking after a very ill husband.  I need something to pick up and knit without any real thought as to the pattern.  But I do keep track of what is all going on here at KD!   (Besides, there is less of a frog to do on a sock!  LOL)

I know what you mean about "their idea of important and mine are totally different!"   My son lives in Vancouver and I am in Northwestern Ontario.  He is computer smart and graduated from a computer college program.

Knitters keep in stitches! LOL  Zoe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on May 22, 2010 11:38 PM

Jag009:
Bess, I tried to edit my own comments as well and I also got the error page on two different computers.  I seriously don't think it's us.

oh thank you, I'm glad to know this. It sounds like you are off to a good start with this knitting too!

This evening, PST, I am at nearly 4 inches, homing in on the second decrease. I'm trying to finish two other sweaters, can only work on one at a time though (funny how that is...).

Zoe, thank you for your comments. Hello Ontario from BC.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Maylablue wrote
on May 23, 2010 5:34 AM

Debbie

This is my 1st Kal too.  I have about 3" knit on the back now.  I plan to knit today while at my book discussion group meeting. Book is "Girl With A Pearl Earring".  I have 2 other knit projects in progress. "Wallaby" wool sweater. A summer Tee in a rayon multi - pastel ribbon yarn.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on May 23, 2010 7:43 AM

thanks for the sloped-bind-off suggestion, sjc and for the links to instructions. I shall definitely use this. Now if my needles would hurry up and get here, so I can cast-on!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 37
on May 23, 2010 7:50 AM

Zoe:

Hi iloveschnauzers,

I love schnauzers too.  I have a silver one.  She was born completely jet black.  The vet said often black schnauzers will turn silver.  She is pure bred and completely loveable!  She will often investigate my knitting or crocheting to see if there is anything for her to play with!

Love your picture, Zoe

Hi Zoe, thanks! Checkers tends to want to sit in my lap when I break out my knitting needles. Kinda hard to knit that way, which is probably why she does it Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 482
bessT wrote
on May 23, 2010 11:25 AM

ack...I read through the instructions last night. Should have done this right at the beginning eh! So, for those wondering how the lace at the bottom could be done, yes you use the panel instructions, because the panel is turned sideways for the sweater bib. It isn't knit vertical to the sweater as appears in the photo (or - as I thought). You pick up stitches down the side of the gap in the sweater body.

I'm concerned because my length so far is really stretchy sideways. Should I trust to do a sidewise panel used vertically  - same as for the straps, though I suppose a border added to them would help prevent stretching. But - I really want to knit the lace and the sweater body of a piece, so it looks like I'll have to revise the lace panel in a diagram. I haven't done that before yet  it is just holes, and purl on alternate rows (how hard could it be?!). I have some knitting graph paper, will have a go.

Page 4 of 24 (354 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS