Box 96 Pullover Summer 2010

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
cambrie wrote
on Jun 13, 2010 9:53 AM

I love this pullover and decided to knit.  But....the first instruction to knit the back is confusing.  It states "with smaller needles CO 131 sts.  Do not join."  My question is what am I not suppose to join......I am working on straight needles.  Then there is a "hem joining row"  Wow am I ever lost.......please help

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Jun 13, 2010 1:09 PM

cambrie:
  It states "with smaller needles CO 131 sts.  Do not join."  My question is what am I not suppose to join

Hi Cambrie,

I think this pullover is a wrap around type of pullover?  If so then you don't join.  It does sound confusing.  Perhaps there is another knitter out there who is also making this.  Did you check on Ravelry to see if any one has made this?  Sometimes they post clarifications on the patterns they make.

Hope it helps, Zoe

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 985
AndreaW wrote
on Jun 13, 2010 9:43 PM

Hi cambrie...

No big deal here...really. Like Zoe said, it's a wrap style sweater. I think they were just trying to clarify that you didn't join, in case someone got the idea to because of the wrap.

As to the "hem joining row" ....relax...it's only a hem. After you cast on, you knit 4 rows in st st. Then you are just going to fold those 4 rows in 1/2....wrong sides tog.....and join it to the present row so it stays folded up. Just follow their "how-to" + you'll be fine. That method allows the hem to stay stretchy. If they had stated "fold hem in half to wrong side before joining"...it probably would have made more sense to you...right?  It's just going to create that little rounded hem edge you see in the pics.

If you need more help...just post back...OK?

Take Care .... Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 1
bhowards2964 wrote
on Jan 21, 2011 2:24 PM

Use the smaller needles , harder to use but better results

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS