HATS CRAZY

This post has 546 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 28, 2011 6:41 PM

Hi Zoe,

Are you back yet?  I was reading that you had to leave quickly to get medical aid for h.  You were using the computer at the hotel you were staying.  I hope problem is resolved and on way home by now.  Let me know how things are going.  Missed you!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 31, 2011 3:46 PM

Hi Yogama, Zoe,

I just took the pic of the little Bobble Hat.  And another of the Seven Rib Shell. 

The Bobble Hat is the one I told you about Sharon, that Caron Simply Soft in blue that I wanted to try.  Nice and washable.  I still can't get the shell hat to photograph well.  Oh well.  Having fun anyway. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Jan 31, 2011 4:48 PM

ZassZ:
I still can't get the shell hat to photograph well.  Oh well.  Having fun anyway. 

Hi ZassZ, and all you mad hatters!!,

Yep, I am feeling fine!!!!!  going home tomorrow, finally.  The nurse said we did excellent today at going on and off the dialyzer and changing the dressings.

You need to stick the hat on a serving bowl! and then take a picture.  Or borrow someone else's head.  The bobbles look very nice and uniform.  Sometimes a bobble pulls the yarn out of place and gives the item a tug of war look!  heha

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 7:17 AM

hi zass,

your hats are gorgeous! the blue one came out so nice. now you need a chilly day to wear it! i'm with zoe - try putting it on a big bowl, or a lamp?

happy travels zoe, i'm sure you are more than ready to be home! your doggie needs some extra cuddles - even though grandma probably spoiled her! haha! she did stay with your mom?

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 2:44 PM

Hi Yogama,

thanks a bunch. 

i should put it on & have hubby take pic.  that would probably work, huh?  I just forget to ask him when he gets home.  will try to remember. 

so how are all of us mad hatters ( as Zoe calls us Wink ) doing?  Yes, give your little schnauzer a big hug and rub his tummy! 

Here comes my little guy, stretching and wagging his tail at me.  He must know what I just typed above  cause he's trying to get my attention like he knows I was thinking about another little pup besides him.  It is just amazing how they sense things! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 7:42 AM

oh what a cute puppy pic! i can tell he needs your attention!

and yes, get hubby to take a pic with the hat on your head. that way we can attach a face to those gorgeous hands!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 5, 2011 6:42 PM

Just got back from our lunch with friends today.  Was so nice to see them.  Now that I am home again, I just want to relax and finish up the sweater so I can start on my next hat.  Since the weather has been so cold in so many places from North to South, and from East to West I am guessing some of us are so glad we have done those nice warm hats and cowls.  I know I am for sure.  I did finish the blanket and forgot to take a pic, so I am getting the giftee to take one for me and then will share it with you.    I am thinking what a nice gift for someone who needs to keep warm, especially the elderly.  May not go outside, but sometimes the hat worn indoors still helps to keep drafts of the head and cut down on heating bill costs which may be an issue.  The hats we make for the babies who can't come home right away with their moms from the hospital add so much comfort to these tiny ones first few weeks of life.  I saw some very easy patterns on line for this. 

Hope everyone had a nice week end and keeping warm. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 8, 2011 5:33 PM

Hi YOgama,

Read your posts and thanks.  Guess you had alot of fun at the new place you discovered over the week end.  Sounds like my kind of excursion.  Love to hear more about it - fill us in on all the details.  Where do they keep the llamas? 

The week end went well here, nice weater, 79-80 degrees.  Similar temps today. 

I did pick up some cotton yarn in blue and white for a little project I am planning to do. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 10, 2011 4:42 PM

Hi Yogama,

Well no more hamburger craving for me.  I think I'll do a little looking around near my lys for a nice lunch place with healthy foods on the menu.  Then I won't have to worry about getting a burger cooked the way I ordered it. 

The sweater I was working on is a little more than one half done.  Did the left front, left sleeve, whole back and now working on right sleeve and on to the right front.  I like the way the pattern goes from side to side.  Really cute.  Maybe use this pattern again and hat to match.  Must buy enough yarn for both.  I am hoping to get to the lys this week end if I still feel up to it by the time the week end comes. 

Linda,

I was reading about your box unpacking.  Will you unpack all your dolls and display them, or will you just be re-organizing them in boxes, put up?  I was wondering if any of your collection is going to be sold or are you going to keep all of them? 

Zoe,

How is the hubby doing this week?  Is your dialysis routine easier now?  I hope so.  Hope you are both doing well.  Miss you too!   I was reading about Sharon's trying out the purl stitch.  She's right, it's a whole lot easier to do the knit stitch this way, but eventually she will pick up speed with the purl stitch too.  Nice thing about 'in the round' like you said, don't have to purl unless a particular design is needed, otherwide can knit round after round and you get stockinette with no purling (if you don't get bored with it).  As Zoe says, it's all good knitting. Smile   

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 123
LindaB48 wrote
on Feb 11, 2011 12:52 AM

ZassZ:

Linda,

I was reading about your box unpacking.  Will you unpack all your dolls and display them, or will you just be re-organizing them in boxes, put up?  I was wondering if any of your collection is going to be sold or are you going to keep all of them? 

ZassZ,

I'll be unpacking all my dolls, but probably not all their furniture and scene boxes.  Not enough space to set up all the scenes, but I should be able to put the dolls not in scenes on the bookcase shelves.  At this point I'm not planning on selling any of the dolls, I am wondering about whether to sell some of the furniture or hang on to it for some later time.   I'm trying to be very good and not get any more dolls.  I've seen a couple really cute ones that I'd love to get, but I'm being good.  No new dolls till I'm sure where I'll put them. Wink  I'm getting close to being done with the unpacking.   There's only about a dozen boxes left to empty.  But the doll room is still a big mess.  Just need to start at one corner and work my way around to get things organized.   I am knitting every night though.  After work I knit on the socks from my sock class.  I'm at the stopping point for the next class.  Linda B

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 11, 2011 4:40 PM

Hi Yogama,

Weatherman says some of the warm temps from out West are moving across to you to warm you all up.  In some places, up to 20 degress warmer.  So hope that helps.  I finally got the pic of blanket but it was taken with a cell phone and then emailed back to me so may not be easy to see actual stitch pattern.  The little tie stitch makes a sort of puff and gather but it is almost impossible to see.  Sorry, but my other pics are not real clear either. 

xx

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 11, 2011 5:00 PM

Sharon,

Here is the link to the hat on Vogue's website pattern sale.  http://store.vogueknitting.com/page-669-ridged-beret.aspx

in Fall 2008, pattern #33.  Soft Misty Alpaca Sport in grey and chocolate caramel moutlinette.  Sounds good enough to eat.   yummy 

You have to be registered to get on this page, but if not, just type in search box "Ridged Beret".  I have to warn you all, tons of patterns there.  I saw those lace stockings too again!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 11, 2011 5:11 PM

Hi Linda B

Glad your close to "done".  Wonderful news about your knitting classes, really nice for you.  I saw a cute hat on Vogue's site from their email they sent me on the pattern sale they are having.  It's the "Ridged Beret", Cathy Caron pattern.  It would be cute in a tiny doll size hat too.  If you sign up you'll get all the pattern pics or you can search their site for the name I just gave.  I am sure your quite busy right now, but so glad you are back.  Will you use the doll room just for storage or will you be using this room for relaxing in and possibly knitting too? 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 123
LindaB48 wrote
on Feb 12, 2011 8:03 AM

I'll take photos of the room when it's all put together.  There won't be room for a chair to sit and knit.  <g>  By the time I have all the doll houses and room boxes set up for display and use and their clothing boxes situated, the room will be pretty full.   If I wasn't married, I'd set up the living/dining rooms as the doll area and put the couch in the bedroom as a sitting room.   However, when one is married one has to make concessions.  Wink    I'll have to join Vogue's site as I couldn't see the photo with the link you sent.    Linda B.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Feb 12, 2011 9:07 AM

http://store.vogueknitting.com/p-669-ridged-beret.aspx

Hi,

I clicked on the link and it took me right there.  I posted the link again just in case the other one didn't work, this one might???  It is a simple garter stitch beret. 

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Page 29 of 37 (547 items) « First ...  < Previous  27 28 29 30 31  Next >  ... Last » | RSS