HATS CRAZY

This post has 546 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 13, 2011 5:51 PM

Hi LindaB48,

Thanks, we'll be waiting to see them.  Yes, when married concessions, concessions.  Too bad we can't push a button and then another room comes down out of the ceiling.  My favorite, is when hubby says "let me cook tonite".  Oh no, (I think to myself) now I will have to clean up after he "cleans up".   

Yes, once you sign up and get on, I think you'll see alot of patterns that, even if they just inspire you, they are certainly worth looking thru. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 15, 2011 2:00 PM

Hi LindaB48,

I happened to see those bamboo circulars with the short needle tips too.  About two weeks ago as I was just leaving the store when I noticed them.  I also noticed that they were more expensive than the same size circulars with the longer bamboo wood part of needle.  I thought, that less bamboo should make them less expensive, but it was the opposite.  But I was thinking, now those I will pick up my next trip here. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 16, 2011 7:11 AM

hi all,

i see everyone chatting about the shorter bamboo needles. can you knit socks with these shorter ones? and do they come in sz 0? something new - oh goodie!

sharon

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 123
LindaB48 wrote
on Feb 16, 2011 10:56 AM

yogama:

hi all,

i see everyone chatting about the shorter bamboo needles. can you knit socks with these shorter ones? and do they come in sz 0? something new - oh goodie!

sharon

Sharon, I haven't used them yet, but you can see the sizes here.

http://www.yarnsupply.com/clover-circular-needles-9.html

They are supposed to be for socks.  I'm going to get one and give it a try some time this week.  Whenever I can get to a store.  May have to wait till Saturday when I go to my knitting class.

Linda B

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 123
LindaB48 wrote
on Feb 16, 2011 11:00 AM

I just read more on the site of the needles and it says for baby items and cuffs on sleeves, but I think the way they are made, would be good for socks.  I'm still going to get one and try socks on it. 

Linda B

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 16, 2011 11:50 AM

hi linda,

thanks for the info! i just had to go check my needles. i have addi turbos in 1,2 and 3 but the are longer. for some reason i thought i had the shortest ones out there. see what happens when you assume? if there are 9" circulars, in 0, i am also getting them - tomorrow! what a difference that will make in knitting socks. although i enjoy the dpns, circulars will be so much easier. we'll compare notes soon!

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 17, 2011 1:29 PM

Hi Linda & Sharon, 

Yes, I thought that immediately, Whisper "oh, to make socks on" - I hope!  I think they must might work.  You let me know?  I am getting them today - he he.  If they can be small enough for a cuff, I would think so.  I should have grabbed them when I was there, then I would know by now. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 17, 2011 1:40 PM

Hi Sharon,

I just went to the web link and here they are $11.99 and at Joann's they are $14.99, unless of course you have a 50% off coupon from them you could get them at Joann's for $7.00.  They do have size 0   http://www.yarnsupply.com/3016-9-0.html 

Looks like they have size 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 5, 6 7, 8 in these 9" circulars with the itty bitty tips. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 18, 2011 5:55 AM

hi all,

i did stop at my fav lys on the way to nh. they had addi turbos in 8", sz 0. they were $13.99 and i think i made a mistake. i think they are too short. that 1" difference from 8" to 9" is really big when you are talking about short needles. i was going to try them on the sock that i am working on now, but i didn't want the guage to change from one needle to another. so i'll wait. of course you cannot return needles so i am stuck. oh well. live and knit and learn......

Not Ranked
Posts 5
crazybell wrote
on Feb 21, 2011 8:57 AM

hi  ,

I just discovered that new knitting site today   check it out   http://www.newknittingcrafts.com 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 2, 2011 10:28 AM

Hi Yogama, Linda, Zoe, Andrea + all, 

Hi on a off & on rainy day today.  I am currently working on my Drop Stitch Pleated Tank and I am so glad I have finally been able to start it.  But I do have this  Ridged Beret pattern waiting next in line.  Not to worry little beret, I will get to you soon!  I was looking at some of the pics on Ravelry that others have done this hat in, so I am still considering my yarn options for this pattern.  I do want it to be nice. 

Hope you all have a nice day.  I also love all the pics of finished vests - the pink, the blue, the beige, lavender, the tan & brown!   I hope I didn't leave any out.   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 9, 2011 11:28 PM

Hi Yogama,

Well, I've done the first 9" of bottom but am thinking of adding another inch or maybe two, as I am long waisted.  I love the Addi Turbo needles - such nice points on them.  When done, I think I'll do the ridged hat we talked about in a sort of smoky blue yarn if I can find the color I have in mind to coordinate with the tank. 

I think you pink color for the vest you just did is not a bad choice.  Alot depends on what you wear it with?  You could try wearing it with some contrasting colors or the neutral tans, beige, or ivory for going in to spring.  What do you think?  I was taking a peek at the new issue of Knitting Traditions today.  It is always so interesting to me.  I like it.  Do you remember we got the last issue before this one, and I think Andrea got it too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 7:14 AM

hi zass,

you hat color sounds like it will be very pretty with your tank. and styling too! i'm sure you will have both done before long!

i also love the addi. so smooth and slide through the stitches. i have a sz 7 circular that is bamboo. it was a cheap one and there is a catch where the cord attaches to the needle. so annoying to work with. i should just throw it away and replace it, but you know....you just cannot toss knitting supplies like that. we must hold onto everything. why???

i did actually wear the vest yesterday with a white long sleeve t and a leopard pashmina and it looked much better. i'll hold of on my dying experiment. i think it might be all about how i accessorize it. the pattern itself is very pretty. oh well, live and learn.

i started those easter bunny booties for neice's baby. this will be his first easter. the original pattern has pink inside bunny ears and a pink nose. i am changing to blue ears and a blue nose. after all, a little boy has to have manly easter booties! haha!

now i am curious because i don't remember knitting traditions. was that the piece work magazine? let me know when you have a chance!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 12:45 PM

Hi Yogama, 

Yes, it's definitely a very nice sweater.  I took another look at it just now on berocco's site and I certainly would love it someone gave it to me as a gift and I do like the color.  It looks like you were thinking along the same lines wearing it with the leopard pashmina which probably has some neutral colors and the withthe while tee, sounds good to me!   Don't die it.  Sad  If you wear it with black too, I think it will look good.  Thanks for your opinion on my hat color.  If you have any other ideas, please let me know. 

I stopped in Joanns very quickly to get something for my h's jacket.  I needed some stretchy fabric for the bottom of a jacket.  His dry cleaner stretched it out of shape.  It's sort of like a little rubber inside the fabric so the closest I could find was only ribbed fabric and no stretch.  Well since I was there, I just picked up another skein of Caron Simply Soft, just in case i need it for my tank.  I think I have plenty, but I can always use it for a hat!   That yarn is nice, doesn't split and has a slight twist in the fibers.  I just didn't spend any time in there as I didn't want to make him wait in the car, it was getting warm and we were also on our way again to the Zuma bike shop.  So I kept my promise and came out very quickly.

Oh my goodness, the Pet of the Week is coming on the news.  He has a very unusual looking coat and coloring and very cute face!  He looks like part poodle, curly hair.   Oh they just said he is a 2 yr. old poodle but the funny thing he is partly charcoal grey and partly white.  His legs are while, back and sides grey like he's wearing a vest, patch of white on chest and has a charcoal face.  I hope he gets a nice home. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 1:28 PM

yogama:
hi zass,now i am curious because i don't remember knitting traditions. was that the piece work magazine? let me know when you have a chance!

Hi I almost forgot this part of your post.  http://shop.knittingdaily.com/Knitting/Magazines/Knitting-Traditions-Winter-2011.html  This is a different magazine all together.  They make a collection of best and fav patterns and put in one issue.  It's pretty good. 

Page 30 of 37 (547 items) « First ...  < Previous  28 29 30 31 32  Next >  ... Last » | RSS