HATS CRAZY

This post has 546 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 3:15 PM

so my question of the hour is - the bike shop? motorcycles or bicycles?

we are both blessed to have nice h's that sit patiently while we go to yarn shops. guess they realize they have it pretty good if our passion is knitting. pretty harmless. we could be into power shopping or jewelry or spas or something that would be so much more expensive. and then what do you have to show for your time? mine is actually making soup as we speak. so i know what's for dinner! he saw some recipes in the ny times magazine. this one is spinach soup and i think it is made with yogurt. i'll let you know!

that dog sounds so cute. sounds like it could be a portugues water dog. i always want to adopt all the pets and children on those shows. we had a segment called wed's child. all about older kids that need good homes. their stories are so sad and yet so motivating. these are great kids that are surviving - well thriving actually - in spite of all they have to deal with.

going to go check on h and the soup now. enjoy your evening!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 19, 2011 5:34 PM

Hi Yogama,

It's the bicycle.  The pictures will be coming soon.  I decided to do the ridged beret in a muted blue tone to blend with my drop stitch tunic.  I think I may have mentioned that.  The tunic is coming along fine, almost done with the bodice.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 8:17 AM

ho zass,

glad to here its a bicycle. hate to think of you zooming around on a motorcycle! although with your new tunic and beret you would look pretty snazzy!

hey, i think that's what i'll call you now....snazzy zassy!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 2:14 PM

hi and good morning Sharon,

You can call me that one too!  Hey you remember me telling you about Downton Abbey on pbs?  Today I read on Katherine's blog a piece re Knitting Traditions magazine and she mentions the series.  http://www.itv.com/dramapremieres/downtonabbey/ 

So I looked up again and see that they are doing a series 2 and it will be aired in the fall with another special episode during the month of December with some additional new cast members.   http://www.itv.com/dramapremieres/downtonabbey/secondseries/  On this page you can see Maggie Smiths interesting period hat and gorgeous lace blouse (which I know you love).  I love Maggie in any role she plays.  She is truly one of a kind ladies!  Of course, I think all the characters being portrayed in this series have done such an excellent job and the clothing just puts the icing on the cake. 

Speaking of cake, I wish I had a slice of lemon cake right now and a cup of tea of course.  To go with my Knitting Traditions magazine is just the thing.  Especially because it's a rainy, damp day outdoors but in here it's nice and cozy and I have my knitting on my needles. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 6:17 PM

Hi All,

A little while back while I was in my lys, a woman came in with some knitting on her needles.  She was looking for some lace yarn to match what she had already started.  I had never seen the pattern she was doing, so when I asked her she was very kind and showed me how to do.   Wellof course, I couldn't remember what it was called and for some time I have been looking for it.  Today I found the yarn and video on how to do.  It is really cool way of making ruffles.  There are a couple of other yarn companies that do a variation of this as well.  One of them is On Line, Solo yarn. 

Check this out for the fun of it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G7IWijG_1A  I have been wanting to use this idea for some idea I have of another variation of it.  The woman who showed me this in the yarn shop was from Montana and she was just visiting here in CA.  I wish I could thank her again. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 4, 2011 8:58 AM

Hi Sharon,

Well I'm just about ready to begin zooming around town in my new tunic and beret.  I found just the yarn for the beret awhile ago and am almost done with.  I'll put picture up over in Fabulous Projects Completed Lately when I finish both.

How are you and what did you get into this week end?  Who's getting new what and in what colors?  I know you must have gotten some yarns for a few new projects?  That reminds me, Zoe went shopping too while she was waiting on her h.  Wonder what she found!  Well I guess we'll hear from her soon too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 4, 2011 10:11 AM

hey zass,

well good for you finishing your new ensemble! can't wait to see the new pics. let me know when you post?

did you catch the free download hat from kd? of course i already printed it out and showed it to my son. his gf's bday is in a couple of weeks. she is fun and funky, so i was thinking this hat done with bright colored striped and flowerd instead of the soft, feminine ones shown in the sample? opinion please?

i finished the eco vest in the hot green cotton yarn. it was lily sugar 'n cream from michaels for $1.79 per ball. i used 6 balls. you do the math - sp proud of myself that i had such an economical project!

i'm moving onto a lacey shawl. not sure which yarn i will use, but something pretty.

anyone else? spring motivating you to do something fun?

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 4, 2011 5:42 PM

yogama:
spring motivating you to do something fun?

Hi Sharon, ZassZ,

Bogged down in spring cleaning while hubby is away in the city.  Clean is good, its the getting there that takes a little skill!!  hehe, bring on the dust bunnies and move that stash!!

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

PS  I'd rather be knitting should be my bumper sign! lol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 5, 2011 7:00 AM

oh i'm right there with you zoe! i started my spring cleaning in the garden yesterday. that way i would see instant gratification every time i look out the window. things are a little neater now, and today i plan to plant pansies. bright yellow and deep purple. maybe soon the dust bunnies will have their turn? but.....maybe not since i have some new yarn and a new pattern.....you know its a sickness.....it's calling to me!

happy knitting and maybe cleaning,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 5, 2011 7:54 AM

yogama:
today i plan to plant pansies

Hi Sharon,

Chuckles going on here!  we still have 2-3 feet of snow on the ground and then there are the snow banks!! but many are planning their gardens and ordering seeds and gardening things.  Usually up here it is the May long weekend when people get their gardens planted and open up their cottages.

This morning I saw two juncos that have returned so now "spring is just around the corner, and the corner is closer than we thought!"  I filled the bird feeder and put it out on the back line.

I have a new knitting book I am dying to read but I am saving that as my "reward" for getting the spring cleaning done!  hehe  The book is "Knitting In No Time" by Melody Griffiths.  All these "quick" projects that take up no time at all to knit.  There are no complicated stitches in there.  I want to do up the fair isle hat and fingerless gloves.  I will photocopy the chart and color code them for myself.  This will end up being a Christmas gift for someone this year.  (haha -- at least that is the plan right now.  Knitters always can frog their ideas and tweek their thoughts).

Pansies are my favorite flower because of all their happy little faces and when the breeze runs through them, they nod their little heads.  They are a very contented looking flower!  I love the newer big giant pansies!

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 5, 2011 9:35 AM

hi zoe,

poor you! still so much snow? we are done here, now its into the rain. yuk. on no wait, now the sun. oh no wait, now the rain. its not me - honestly, its the weather.......good for the flowers! i agree with you about those smiling pansy faces. they are so perky and give us hope.

good to hear from andrea on socks. what a cute calendar she sent. of course i tried to open the next egg - be honest now - did you also? i was told no peaking, can't open till tomorrow. dang!

how long till john gets home? will he have another new routine again? nice to have the place to yourself for a bit, work on your own schedule and relax with your knitting when you choose.

enjoy your birds. ours are starting to waken up and sing also. love this time of year.

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 5, 2011 5:26 PM

Hi Yogama, 

Yes, I did see the one on the blog?  I like the Poppy Beany witht the large rosette on the side.  But I think that if you do it in a bright stripe it would be cool and funky.  I have the hot green cotton and I love the bright clean green look of it.  So easy to work with and washable too, what more could you ask for?  You can really get a good look with it and for a lot less $$.  Well, are pics coming soon to a theater nearby? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,813
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 5, 2011 5:31 PM

Zoe:

yogama:
spring motivating you to do something fun?

Hi Sharon, ZassZ,

Bogged down in spring cleaning while hubby is away in the city. 

Hi Zoe, Sharon,

Well while hubby is away in the city, you put your music on, turn up the volume and dance away!  ha haWink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Apr 7, 2011 8:05 AM

hi zass,

thanks for the input. i think i am going with the bright colors. son's gf is a fun loving, colorful person and i am thinking a christmas gift. that way i have plenty of time to play with it, do the flowers and bead work and not be rushed. it will all work out.

pictures? haha you are so funny. actually i will be in nh with tech guru son so you might have a chance! no more promises from me though....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
margrue wrote
on Apr 9, 2011 2:14 PM

I made the Windandsea hat this year, too, for a vacation in Bermuda. I like that it can lat flat in the bottom of the suitcase while the wire edge keeps the shape of the brim.  I used a cotton yarn in the same gauge as the Seduce and really liked the way it turned out.

Page 31 of 37 (547 items) « First ...  < Previous  29 30 31 32 33  Next >  ... Last » | RSS