HATS CRAZY

This post has 546 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 7, 2011 9:29 AM

hi back! i'll check through my back vogue issues and let you know. i think it must have been an ad in one of the vogues. can't imagine where else i would have seen it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 7, 2011 9:41 AM

Hi Yogama,

Ok, but I know you are busy so don't worry if you can't get to it right away.  I was thinking, finally they voted on a sweater I actually liked for the kal.  Did you happen to see?  Who can find the yarn now?  I liked it because of the yarn and those colors in the pic.  I don't think I want to do a substitute for yarn and get a different end result look.  Know what I mean? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 123
LindaB48 wrote
on Jul 7, 2011 8:30 PM

Today we went to see Larry's othopedic surgeon and he has Larry scheduled for his hip replacement on July 25th.  He'll spend 4 days in the hospital at which point most people go home; but because he's been sick so long and is so weak, he'll be going to a rehab center for at least a couple weeks.    So things are looking good, but we still have to wait 2 weeks.

LindaB

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 8, 2011 9:54 PM

Hi Linda,

Yes, that sounds good about the rehab center.  Keep a good eye on him!  Wink

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jul 9, 2011 5:20 PM

Hi ZassZ and AndreaW,

I found this gorgeous hat and I thought of you:

http://crochic.tripod.com/floppyhat.htm .

I hope you like it too.

Bye, bye!

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 11, 2011 10:25 AM

Very pretty, thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 7:30 AM

hi linda,

so good to hear from you and happy the surgery is scheduled. the rehab sounds great. since he has not been well, they will give him personal care and pt and get him strong and ready to come home. better for him since he won't be trying to do more than he should, and better for you since they really know what they are doing. he'll be home bugging you before you know it! thinking of you and let us know when he has had his surgery. we know you will be very busy and maybe not by your computer, so no rush. take care!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Sep 4, 2011 7:56 PM

Hi All...  Zass asked me to post this here as well in case it was missed @ "Fabulous Projects".

I got so busy thinking about Zass' yarns + colors I forgot about the pic I wanted to post here tonite.

The 2nd batch of hats for charity. I have the 36 done now that was my goal for the year. Actually I donated a few in January too...but I wanted 3 doz to hand in @ Xmas. Will see...a few more may get done too...

The ribbed beanies obviously will stretch sideways when worn. Of the 3 white baby hats: #1 is crocheted - #2 plain st w/ a ribbed band + a pink + white flower - #3 is cabled w/ a folded up edge.

Nite.... Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Sep 4, 2011 9:31 PM

Hi Linda...

I'de been wondering...as I'm sure others are too....how are things going for you + Larry? When I saw your name tonite on an older post....decided I'de write a quick post.  Hopefully all went well w/ the surgery + the healing is also going well? If you're feeling overwhelmed right now....just ignore me!!!

Thinking of you..... Andrea

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Sep 12, 2011 6:00 PM

Hi all you hatters!

I saw this and thought of all the mad hatters who just are dieing to knit these up in time for hat season!!

http://fiberflux.blogspot.com/2011/03/free-pattern-rock-candy-hat.html

Happy knitting, Zoë Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 7:05 AM

hi zoe and all,

cute hats and thanks for the link! really like the bunny ears one. so fun. 

happy knitting,

sharon

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Sep 13, 2011 12:25 PM

LindaB48:

do the hip replacement on July 11th.   Thank goodness for knitting and books!  My knitting has kept me sane. WinkLinda B

Hi LindaB, 

Well I have been waiting anxiously for some update on how both you & your hub are doing.  Hopefully the surgery is behind you now and he is working on physical therapy? 

And to update ALL:  (if I type it once, then I can keep hand from getting too sore)  While I am not using the hand much, and as Zoe put it - it sure is frustrating.  At least chores take twice as long doing them basically one handed and that is a blessing in disguise.  Takes more time & more tiring, so by the time I am done with it all take a break and read or look up patterns for future projects.  Once I have rested a bit, then i get on my inside stationary bicycle, turn the channel on to the cycling races and before I know it I have cycled with them thru spain & italy and wherever they are up and around and thru the hills and valleys and mountainsides.  It takes my mind away from not being able to knit and what do you know? -  maybe I'll be trimmer and thinner by the time it's all done!  ha ha  The exercise does make me feel rejuvenated.  By the time I do the billing for h's customers, I can't type much else.  He wants to take us on vacation (to keep me from doing stuff around the house), but I would like to wait til my last dr visit & x-raAnd y completely healed, so I can really do what I like and have a great time.  So I am trying to stall him and push the date up a little.   But I'm still reading here and glad you got your apples half picked Zoe, thanks for the link, and knitting some more on your socks,  Andrea too for the cute sheep knitting at the bank - who's idea was that?  perfect right across from a knit shop.   And Sharon still enjoying her deep purple shawl project.  Andrea's Fishnet Cable Socks in plums, 1halfcent thanks for pretty hat pic you shared with us.  I remember seeing the Ryan's hat pattern, turned out very nice.  WendyJ's fabulous & realistic toys are so artfully done.  You know, Linda B makes all sorts of dolls, you should see her collection.  If you look back a few pages you'll see her link to where they are.  Merlich, how is your h's red pull over coming along, tanks (I counted 5 colors you are doing them in), hats and gloves.  I would love to see your "tweedy hat" when you get a chance to pic here.  & let us include & thank Wayne for his wonderful latchhook projects. 

Well I am tired now, so long ALL for now. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Oct 2, 2011 7:19 PM

Was a pattern ever shared for this toque?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Oct 3, 2011 6:54 PM

hi, 

no patterns as far as I know, just pics of the projects when complete.  Which toque are you asking about? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 22, 2011 11:55 AM

Hi Andrea, 

Well here is a pic of my one little lonely hat - I thought I would send him over to be in company with all your guys above.      The explanation for the little one on the bunny is posted at Fabulous Projects thread along with a scarf.  I did these since my hand healed. 

I still love the yarns you used on your hats.  The colors are really attractive and cheery.  I feel happy every time I look at your pics of them.  Hope you are well and still knitting.  And Hey! Zoe!  How are you doing my friend?  We miss you.  And Linda, if you read this, please know you are still being thought of all the time and hope we'll hear from you when you get time.   

Page 34 of 37 (547 items) « First ...  < Previous  32 33 34 35 36  Next >  ... Last » | RSS