HATS CRAZY

This post has 546 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 25, 2011 8:17 PM

Hi All, 

It was cold so yesterday I wore one of my cowls.  It felt so good to keep the cold air off my neck and head.  But now the weatherman says it's going to the 80's over the week end.  Tongue Tied 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 6, 2011 10:15 AM

Hi all, 

I came across these little hats for your needles at  http://www.tudorlinks.com/treasury/worktable/1890kpunchinellocaps.html .  Some of you were asking about these in the past.   So cute.  A great way to use up little odds and ends of yarn in your stash.  Some things have not changed a whole lot since the 1890's. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Sewing Nana wrote
on Dec 6, 2011 11:22 AM

I am not sure I am in the right area but, as you seem to like knitting hats I wonder if you have a pattern for what I need.  I want to knit a hat attached to the top of a circular yoke (as on a jumper but without the rest of it!)  If you have such a pattern or could advise me as to where I could obtain one I would be very grateful.  The last two winters here in the UK have been, for me if no-one else, far too cold for far too long.  Hopefully, with your help I may be able to walk out and keep warm.  Best wishes Georgina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 6, 2011 6:25 PM

hi sewing nana, 

Were you referring to possibly the cupcake hat?  You can see it here.    http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=att-portal&va=cupcake+hat+pattern 

If not what you want, try this site http://www.craftfreely.com/free-knitting-patterns/view-patterns.cfm?category=hats  A lot of hat patterns here for sure.   Or are you thinking of something like this http://www.popknits.com/index.php/patterns/page/josephine/

I would love to hear what you pick.  This is a really warm hat http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/via/via.html

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 9, 2011 4:11 PM

Hi Georgina, 

Just checking back with you to see of you had any success in locating a pattern you would like to do. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 21, 2011 10:08 PM

Hi LindaB, 

If you see this let us know how you are doing after h's operation. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 4, 2012 7:52 PM

hi and just thinking of you! i had an unusual email from some mailing list i was on and its a new online collection of patterns. go to the sockreport.com and check it out. great patterns and articles which i have not read yet! hope all is well with you. i finally got back into knitting today. picked up  a lacey vest i was working on and got bored with. so, maybe i will get inspired again. i have been busy painting. repainted d's room and then moved on to painting trim. i realize i have overlooked so much and it really needs attention! must do it while the spirit is moving me, otherwise it becomes drudgery. have a nice night and chat soon! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 4, 2012 9:52 PM

hi sharon! 

Thanks, thinking of you too.  Just about to write you.  I took my current project with me today while out on some errands with h.  I took a pic with my cell but have to get it over here for you.  I was thinking of asking what you think it will be?  Can you guess by looking?  We'll see what you think.  I have also been taking care of little projects here and there when I have the will to do - then I have to act fast and get it out of the way before the energy leaves.  Making good progress.  I am playing with the idea of doing some painting too, but haven't done any yet.  I really want my h to do it for me.  What color did you do the room?  I have this pale lavender on my mind for the project I need to do.  We'll see how it goes.  The weather has been nice in mid 70's, not too hot, the way I am happy with it.  I'll check out your recommendation.  talk to you soon! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 21, 2012 7:32 PM

hi sharon, 

almost done with that project.  now i am searching for that pattern similar to the one I told you about for a little knit baby girl dress.  I found something close but not the same.  I am going to wait til I hear back from you to see if you found anything close to the newborn jumper I told you about on the reader photo gallery on page 11.  It's done in Caron Simply Soft in a pale green.  So perky and cute.  My friiend wants it in a lavender shade for her new little granddaughter, whose name is "Zoe".  How cute. 

I did finish the other wrap for another friend.  The material was all hearts in pinks and lavenders and white.  Gave it to her last week end.  She did really like it.  I didn't know you liked hearts too.  My fav coffee cup is in hearts in those same colors. 

Still hoping to find that dress pattern somewhere. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 7:50 AM

good morning zass and i have a pattern you might like. too bad we aren't neighbors, i could run it over to you! as it is, i don't know how to get it to you, but here's where you can find it. google pat rosenzweig's cable-yoked little girl's dress. yarnmarket design contest winners will come up. scroll down several and you will see a PURPLE little girls dress. its adorable and i think if you left the sleeves off, it would work? i have the pattern printed out and do not remember if it was free of if i did pay and downloaded it. patterns looks easy enough! and it would look so pretty in lavendar. its size 12-18 mos, so by the time she would wear it in the fal (and you finish it!) it will fit? let me know what you think! and yes, i do love hearts. i used to bead bracelets and my "signature" was always a heart bead in it somewhere. i could have made a bundle if i sold them. but they were labors of love and i gave as gifts! better that way. ok, going to read your other email now! enjoy your day and stay cool! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 22, 2012 9:31 PM

Hi sharon,

Any idea of what you think it's going to be? 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 24, 2012 9:32 PM

hi yogama, 

thanks, I did find it and it is a FREE download!  So I downloaded, ha ha! 

Well in the meantime this is what I found when I searched around a little more and did find a couple patterns.  There were three.  1. baby toddler jumper, 2.  flouncy baby dress, and 3. seashell sun dress.  You can take a look and see if one strikes you one way or the other.  I'll send you the links if you want take a look.  Let me know. 

Thanks again for the cable yoke dress.  I could adapt part of that into part of one of the others. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 25, 2012 8:20 AM

hi zass!

i vote a skirt? really like your colors and the zigzag pattern. so don't keep me in suspense! what is it going to be?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 25, 2012 8:32 AM

oh yeah! nothing better than a free download! so happy you like it and were able to find it. and yes, i would love the thinks to the other babty items. always searching for cute baby things because i know someday.....

meanwhile it is so crazy out there right now. strated getting really black. i looked up and realized it was totally dark, like night. i turned on a couple of lights and looked out the door. decided to cover the side porch tv and bring the cushions in. we never bring those in since it doens't usually get wet in there. well good thing i did. the flood gates let lose and it was windy and pouring and booming all around. i ran around and closed all the windows. even on the east side. the rain was coming in from all directions. crazy! so d is on the parkway heading south to school and h is on the parkway heading north to a big meeting. i did hear from him to say he is fine, and just texted d to make sure she is. i hate being a hover mother, but at times like this with crazy weather, you just want to know they are ok. we had friends over for dinner sat night and it was really nice. had dinner on the deck, which i love. i think i told  you about the recipes from food network mag? well they were all delic but my fav was the blueberry pie. i got in way over my head sat am. you had to make the whole wheat crust and then refrig for 30 min, do other steps, roll out the crust, which was not cooperative. bake the crust, cook the blueberries, make the topping, freeze the topping. it was crazy. but i must say, well worth it. next time i will know, and not think i can throw the pie together in 5 min and bake it before i go to the beach! learned my lesson. read the instructions! haha! well the storm seems to have headed out to sea so i'm going to try to open some windows again. wish me luck! xox

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jun 25, 2012 11:49 AM

Hi,  I'm a newbie around here but I had to chuckle when I read this post.  I too hate wearing hats.  Really thick, long hair that is a royal pain to tuck into the hat.  Unfortunately, where I live the winters can be nasty and not wearing a hat or hood is not an option.  I live in the Pacific Northwest in the foothills of Mt. Adams at the 2800 ft. elevation.  You can imagine what my winters are.  I solved the problem a couple years ago.  I took my favorite hat patterns and modified them.  Instead of closing them off on the top, I leave a neatly finished hole at the top for my ponytail.  Works out great when I'm out shoveling snow.

Mary

Page 35 of 37 (547 items) « First ...  < Previous  33 34 35 36 37  Next > | RSS