HATS CRAZY

This post has 546 Replies | 12 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 25, 2012 4:34 PM

Hi Mary, 

Glad to meet you.  When I read your post I remembered putting this little pic up awhile back.  So I thought I would share it with you.  It may be hard to see, the two openings each side for little pigtails but similar idea what you mention.  That's a good solution to your hat/hair problem.  You are a little high up there.  I am down at sea level here.  Just the opposite, but I still cold when the temps do down. 

ZassZ:
The little hat is made with interlocking diamonds pattern which I seamed up one side, left little holes at back & sides each for a pony tail and/or two pigtails for a little girl who wears either.   

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 25, 2012 5:07 PM

hi sharon, 

So we have your purple ( i downloaded)

1.  https://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/2009_TKGA_Knitting_Design_Contest_Winners_PDFs-Supercashmere_Girls_Cable_Yoke_Dress-6281.html?cat 

2. http://wcmercantile.blogspot.com/2011/05/seashell-sun-dress.html  

3.  http://www.planetpurl.com/planetpurl/patterndetail.htm?mode=search&patternname=flouncy-baby-dress

4.  http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/baby-child/pandaSilkDK_babe-toddlr-jumper.html

And this last one I just found  5.  http://knitting.about.com/od/childrenspatterns/ss/girls-sundress.htm 

Which one do you like best?  I like that they are done in the round. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 25, 2012 5:17 PM

hi sharon, 

what happened the storm just came out of nowhere huh?  glad you got your cushions in & of course the tv.  I know you went through re-do on your cusions and good they did not get wet.  So are you in now or back outside now the storm has passed?   

The pie!  Well who knew it would take all of that?  But I know your dinner must have been delicious and all enjoyed your work efforts and love you put into preparation.  So glad it was worth all the effort.  I can just hear all the "wonderful" "it was so delicius" compliments and you deserve them!  So was the pie more of a cold pie rather than a hot/warm pie?  I hope you are relaxing now.  The rain probably freshened things up a bit.  Sure you will be glad when daughter and hubby get back home off the highway safe and sound.  Here we have to quake stuff in our trunks.  You know, it can be a pain when traveling around town.  But must have water, blanket, sweater, walking shoe, first aid kit, extra dry food for pets, something for them to drink out of, etc. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jun 26, 2012 10:11 AM

To ZassZ,

Thanks for the idea.  It is really cute.  Unfortunately, I don't have any little ones at home.  My girls are grown and  on their own.  I will keep the idea around for, (hopefully) future granddaughters. 

Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 26, 2012 5:16 PM

Hi Mary, 

Your welcome.  I was just messing around one day with an interlock pattern and that just came about.  Wasn't even intentional.  So hope you will make some little hats for (future) little ones in your family. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 29, 2012 7:29 AM

hi zass,

you found some adorable patterns! sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. i vote for 1,3 or 5! they are all so cute. i'm sure which ever you make will be much appreciated! so, did you choose yet? and what yarn are you using? have fun!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 29, 2012 7:32 AM

yes crazy storm out of nowhere! and the sky so black. a little scary! but done now thank goodness.

the blueberry pie was so absolutely delicious - if you are in the mood to take your time and follow all the instructions. check out this months edition of the food network magazine. it is packed with wonderful summer recipes!

i didn' realize you have to be prepared for quakes every time you go out! i guess you get used to it? we are so casual here in nj, but in nh in the winter, same sort of thing. you have to have a shovel and blanket and be prepared for bad weather and bad driving. did i tell you my good friend is moving to your area? they leave july 11. hold on, i'm going to say goodby but i'll be right back. she gave me her new address and i want to see if it is near you.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jun 29, 2012 7:34 AM

hi zass,

my friend is moving to colfax ave in studio city. know where that is? this is the friend that we are going to her son's wedding in phoenix in nov. we hope to visit them in la at some point, so just wondering if it might be anywhere near you? xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 29, 2012 5:00 PM

hi sharon,

yeah, I like 1 without the sleeves, cause it's usually so warm here anyway and also the #3 & #5.  So now I really have to choose one of these!  Thanks!  I agree with you about the angling pattern.  Makes it more interesting to knit and visual effect too. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 166
marywoods wrote
on Jul 1, 2012 11:30 AM

Out of all of them, I  vote for #5.  It is the cutest and I like the spiral pattern.  Have fun with which ever one you choose.

Mary

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 1, 2012 10:04 PM

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your input.  It is perky isn't it?  I appreciate your opinion as well.  Things are going well for you?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Jul 29, 2012 11:38 PM

Hi Sharon,

You know me so well!  Absolutely right you are - A SKIRT.  i showed the pic to a couple gf and they agree, it would make a great one.  I am done with it now. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Jul 31, 2012 7:56 AM

whoa zass! you are done? and it IS a skirt? yeah. so? do you like it and have you worn it? i did a lace tiered skirt a couple of summers ago. loved knitting it, but it was just a little clingy. i could either lose 10 lbs or buy spanks. i chose spanks! haha! xox

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 2, 2012 3:13 PM

Sharon - you are so funny! 

You inspired me when you did your lace skirt last summer! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,801
ZassZ wrote
on Oct 4, 2012 2:09 PM

Hi & Yeah Everyone,

It's finally getting a little cooler now and can start wearing my heart loved hats!   Probably only in the evenings for now but we may be getting some rain too!   

Page 36 of 37 (547 items) « First ...  < Previous  33 34 35 36 37  Next > | RSS