what do you like to do?

This post has 46 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
NinaT wrote
on May 27, 2008 7:46 PM

I'm usually on the computer, or reading. Or watching TV & reading.

Hubby & I spent Sunday riding our motorcycles. We didn't go anywhere, just around town.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on May 28, 2008 1:22 AM

Hi nina, it seems we have very similar interests.Smile Biking is amazing,i love it yet sadly i dont ride myself. one day though!(well that is my plan).

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Cheryl wrote
on May 28, 2008 9:35 PM

Hi Nina,

I just got my motorcycle license after doing the riders course. I'm still putting around parking lots right now getting my cycling legs (I just finished the classes 10 days ago). My husband is talking about heading out on a Sunday morning and going out on the road to see how I feel about it. It is kind of scary but exciting too.

I'm already thinking about what kind of motorcycle I want to buy....in about 2 years or so. Until then, I'll just 'borrow' one of my hubby's bikes!

We also like to go to the gun range and shoot some paper to relieve stress.

Cheryl

So many yarns/patterns....so little time!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 65
AnnR wrote
on Jun 16, 2008 5:55 PM

This is such an interesting post. I love it.

I am a retired hairstylist, but am busier now than when I was working.

My husband and I spend 4 months in Florida in the winter. I love to take long walks on the beach or just sit and watch the people or read a book. I take lots of classes at the snowbird club and learned how to make some beautiful jewelry and make baskets out of pine needles.

When I am knitting, I listen to my audio books unless I am doing a complicated pattern, than I just knit.

I have two of the sweetest little Yorkies, they are so much fun to watch. Their names are Bentley and Bailey.

I have never been on a cruise and that is one of my dreams to do.

I am in the pool at the gym 2x's a week to do my water aerobics and made a lot of good friends by doing that.

All in all, I am enjoying myself, if only my house would clean itself.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Webigail wrote
on Jun 20, 2008 12:46 PM

I have recently taken my love of gardens to a new level. My previous "green thumb" came courtesy of moss and mold, however lately I have taken a genuine interest in plants and gardening. Last year I purchased quite a bit of bare root trees and the fact that I didn't kill them off kinda got me hooked!

I'd love to own a bike, but I don't think the hubby would appreciate me throwing our 4-year-old on back LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 24, 2008 2:26 PM

Mandy,  

Ah, I found the appropriate place to address you re your felting.  Idea 

You were so kind to answer my ? re your avatar and I came to find out it was 'felted' and as I see it is among some of the 'things you like to do', it is no wonder!  I surely would not want to cause embarrassment to anyone.  It is a really enjoyable place to learn and exchange ideas and yours was a truly interesting one to me.   Thank you again - O got carried away before I knew it!  Do two positives cancel out one negative? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 24, 2008 4:10 PM

Okey dokey!  Depends on my mood I would say. 

I love reading classics.  Some I haven't read since school.  I like to go back and refresh my memory and enjoy them all over again.  That's if I am in a quiet mood. 

Keep adding to my vocabulary of Italian.  That's if I have a litle more energy. 

Horseback riding is one of my FAVORITES.  Want to get out of doors. 

Swimming is a love too.

Walking & stretching early in the morning or later in the eves. 

Taking my puppy to the beach and watching him run over the rocks ( as he leaps from one to the other his little ears flap out to the side and his 2 front legs go forward and the 2 hind legs stretch back and he bends his head to one side he looks like he's maneuvering himself as a flying machine).  I can't get enough of that! 

Cooking my Nana's favorite pasta sauce and then eating it slowly.  Hmmm . . . it is so good. 

Love to play Chinese Checkers, Solitaire, Hi-Q with my friends.  For an online game Four Rivers at www.about.com -under puzzles page just type it in the search box.    

Gardening and looking at any flower 

A little painting, alot of writing, listening to music & singing

Watching a good movie mystery & older classics

Spending time with my brother & sister

Eating sushi

When I am not actually knitting, crocheting or sewing, THINKING about it until I get my hands on those needles, crochet hooks, or the fabrics & threads.  Reading thru mags, books for anything related to the above.   Working on a new stitch and planning how I will use it. 

PrincessG, thanks this was a good exercise.  There are really even more I could list, so it has made me do a little reflecting which is always refreshing.  And last but not least of course, there is always my daily cup of fresh brewed espresso Coffee

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 25, 2008 8:22 PM

PrincessG - there's a correction in my last response to your question - I mentioned a puzzle online which is really crazy & fun!  it's called "FOUR RIVERS" not Four Corners.  The site is  www.about.com\puzzles   Try it? 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
PrincessG wrote
on Jun 26, 2008 2:04 AM

ZassZ,

Ok. i shall try it. thankyou. can't wait to try it now ;)

xoxo

PrincessG         

Dont take people for granted, beacuse one day you will realise you have lost a diamond while you were too buysing collecting stones....

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Goldberry wrote
on Jul 16, 2008 9:30 AM

There's lots of bookworms here I see, and I'm another one. I'd rather read than watch tv, but I can knit when I watch tv, and I haven't mastered the reading while knitting thing yet...

I'm a busy mom of 2 teenagers, a dog owner, chief cook and bottle washer, gal friday for my husband's business, and so, like lots of folks here, carving out time for knitting or anything else can be a challenge.

The thing I most love to do when I have an hour to myself is practice my violin. I've only been playing for a couple of years, but it's been a really rewarding new interest. It's cool to thumb my nose at the "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" theory, since I was 45 the first time I put a bow to a string.

And of course, there's always checking up for new patterns on the internet....:)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Aug 27, 2008 7:10 PM

I love to read (!), mostly fantasy, horror, or murder mystery, I also love listening to music, playing on the internet, drawing, writing, watching movies/TV, and school work. Although I don't always enjoy the schol workbut since I am a college student I kind of have to deal with it.  lol  All in all though I really do try to find time to hang out with friends and just have fun!

~Knitting_Up_Chemistry  ^^

~Today I shall be witty elegant and charming...or maybe I'll say "um" a lot and trip over things. ~

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Nandee wrote
on Nov 13, 2009 8:27 PM

I play bowls, spend time with my new grandson, ( sheesh, do I have to admit, I just knit)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
milroygrams wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 8:14 AM

I am never far from my needles either.  I am a soccer, band, dance, karate, 4-h, academic team mom of a 16 yr. old  and am always, it seems, waiting somewhere.  I also have a 110 year old money pit farmhouse that I love and hate!!!  Always a project!  I have 11 grandchildren and some day when my  16 yr. old goes off to college I figure I'll have time to do some of the things I used to like to do.  After all, I'll have to fill in some of the time I spent at soccer, band, dance, karate and 4-h!!!!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Yarn Paws wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 10:48 PM

Woww!! I like the quote at the bottom of your username hmmmm...something for me to ponder:)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Yarn Paws wrote
on Dec 30, 2009 10:51 PM

Take me with youuuuuuuuu!!!! Adopt me or something lol!!! Wow, what a life.  Do you ever tire of your lifestyle? So amazing. In answer to the post, still thinking.

Page 2 of 4 (47 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS