Socks

This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
LadyM wrote
on Jul 23, 2010 6:49 AM

I am  beginner knitter and I always wanted to knit socks but could not get the help I needed to learn how to knit the heel and the gusset of the sock. I did find so helpful videos and read some books. I was determined to be a sock knitter so I forge on and I taught myself with help from above and now I am working on my second pair of baby socks. Now my family and friends are going to receive socks.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 109
SusanD@51 wrote
on Jul 23, 2010 7:47 AM

Congratulations!  You'll find such satisfaction in completing your pair of socks.  They are small projects that I carry with me in the car and whenever I travel.  I just discovered Mountain Color yarn "barefoot" on my last trip and  am finishing knitting the second sock of a pair of trail socks for hiking.  I plan to hike the Grand Canyon next year with a couple of girlfriends.  I'm going to knit them a pair as a surprise.  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Jul 23, 2010 8:44 AM

Hi LadyM,

There is a SOCKS forum going on at KD.  If ever you get stuck, want to share something, or ask questions, just go to the SOCKS thread and post your blog.  If the SOCKS is not on the home page, then just type in SOCKS into the search space at the top right hand side on the home page.  Scroll down until you find the SOCKS forum and click on it.  (the SOCKS needs to be typed in upper case letters).  Welcome to the knitting world of socks.

Happy knitting, Zoe

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS