Sockupied

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
FAM wrote
on Sep 4, 2010 12:09 PM

I am disappointed that there was not at least one top-down and one toe-up pattern readily available  with tips and hints for beginners similar to the cast-on methods.   Your people mentioned both methods--in fact one person likes top-up best.  As a beginner,  I was disappoihnted and felt you were publishing  for the people  who are already in love with sock knitting.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 196
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
Anne Merrow wrote
on Jan 10, 2011 11:14 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

I'm sorry you were disappointed.

Each of the designers in the first issue felt that a top-down pattern would work best for the design they had in mind. The next issue features a mix of top-down and toe-up patterns.

Deciding on the level of the material was really challenging; as a counterpoint, I received messages from a number of readers who found the material in the first issue too basic because they were very experienced sock knitters. A happy medium is hard to find! I hope the first issue will be of use to you as you fall more in love with sock knitting--which is pretty habit-forming.

We'd consider doing a more beginner-focused issue in the future if there was sufficient interest.

(Sorry for the weird code at the top! I can't seem to make it go away...)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS