OFFICIAL POST: The Caftan Pullover Knit-Along (It's the Knit-Ball knit-along!)

This post has 465 Replies | 49 Followers rated by 9 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,512
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Sep 20, 2010 10:35 AM

The Caftan Pullover
And the winner is....

The Caftan Pullover by Norah Gaughan!

Clink on the link above (or on the photo) to get the pattern from the pattern store (or dig out your issue of Interweave Knits Spring 2006!).

Here's the schedule:

September 20-September 27: Get pattern, choose yarn, work on gauge swatch.

September 27-October 11: Knit back

October 12-November 2: Knit front

November 3 to December 1: Knit sleeves

December 2 to December 16: Finishing and blocking

December 16 and beyond: Post photos on the forum and wear your caftan to as many holiday events as you can!

I'm going to be using Sublime Merino Silk Aran in the color Fennel. I think the smoothness of this yarn will show the detail really well.

There's no errata for this pattern, so we're all set to go!

Please post all of your comments about this this knit-along as a reply to this post so we have all of the comments in one place. Thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 388
ArtfulSoul wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 12:07 PM

Yeehah!  I'm IN.  I've missed you all since the Minimalist KAL.  I'm thinking of using Berroco Love It...but not enough in one color if pattern is correct on quantities. Will consider 2 colors, 3/4 sleeves.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 122
Kelleigh wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 1:07 PM

Woo Hoo, the Caftan!  I'm in and will pick a yarn this weekend, get the pattern and hopefully swatch!  (Nice to see you again Artful Soul.)

KELLEIGH~~

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Sep 20, 2010 4:46 PM

This is my first KAL. It is so pretty I have got to give it a try! I'm going to use a two ply mohair yarn. It's very soft and shiny.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
KathyAF wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 6:11 PM

Hurray!   I love this one!  I will be on a very busy vacation for the next two weeks but plan on hitting the needles as soon as I return.  see you all soon.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
tommysgirl wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 6:32 PM

This will be my first KAL and I'm looking forward to it! Have ordered the yarn; it's Andean Silk in Whisker. Haven't used it before, so hope it knits up well. The pattern is beautiful!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 109
SusanD@51 wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 6:33 PM

I'm glad so many want to do the Caftan.  I think I'll pass on this one, it's not really my style.

I'll check out the next KAL

Happy knitting to all.

Susan

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Latitude61 wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 8:15 PM

Hi everyone! I forgot to vote on my favorite - yet my favorite is the one chosen. I look forward to doing this one. I may want to adapt this somehow to my shorter waist, but I am sooo looking forward to it...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
on Sep 20, 2010 8:25 PM

I love this pattern even though I voted for a different one.  However, I think I will pass on this KAL since all the yarns I have checked out will cost about $100.00 and I have a few more must do projects to complete/start for others.  I will follow along with the KAL just to see how others are doing.  Happy knitting all!

Allison

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Sep 20, 2010 8:38 PM

Bummer, I was hoping for one of the others. Were we supposed to be able to vote?

~Madeline

Not Ranked
Posts 5
UWSMOM wrote
on Sep 20, 2010 10:00 PM

I was so confident this design would win I bought pink Ultra Silk right after I voted for the Caftan and it arrived already! It was a birthday gift to myself. Can't wait to get started.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Sep 21, 2010 5:30 AM

This Caftan is sooo pretty on the model. I hope it looks good on heavier people since I must, at the very least, be double her weight.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
aisha wrote
on Sep 21, 2010 6:06 AM

hI! it's my first time in a KAL any idea about the yarn ...living in Italy I don't think I'll find the same yarn...the project is fantastic...Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 4
aisha wrote

hI! it's my first time in a KAL any idea about the yarn ...living in Italy I don't think I'll find the same yarn...the project is fantastic...Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 4
aisha wrote

Page 1 of 32 (466 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS