OFFICIAL POST: The Caftan Pullover Knit-Along (It's the Knit-Ball knit-along!)

This post has 465 Replies | 48 Followers rated by 9 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,500
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Dec 15, 2010 10:53 AM

You are so right, SJC! I'm almost done with the front, though! Got to do the sleeves and then sew it all up.

In the meantime, I'm working on the Knitting Daily post about this project, and I need pictures of all of your finished pullovers!! I've only found one finished object (TN Yarn Lady's)--could that be possible?

If you've finished your pullover, please take a photo and put it in the forum or email it to me at kcubley@interweave.com. I know some of you finished!

Thanks, Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 1
britlee wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 7:40 PM
A popular topic
Not Ranked
Posts 2
babs mclean wrote
on Dec 15, 2010 8:21 PM

Hi Not about the cardi at all but about the merino sheep in Saville Row! I am on a merino farm in Australia and was pretty amused to see those laconic animals in London. Tremendous fibre though, just so lustrous when fresh of a sheep's back. I keep way too many fleeces each year ,to spin, and my partner sneaks them back gradually as my eyes are always bigger than my spinning time!!

babs

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 46
dkroos wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 9:17 AM

Just wondering if the next KAL has been announced and I missed it, or if it is still coming?  I did finish my pullover, I will try to get a picture to you soon.

Denise

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
a2965z-craft wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 3:08 PM

I took a couple of pictures of this and can't quite get the colors right. It should be purple and red but here it is anyway. I really like it and will probably make another one after I finish the other ten things on my knitting to-do list. Thanks for all the encouragement. Happy Holidays and happy knitting!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 7:06 PM

a2965-z craft, 

How cute!  What size did you do this in? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
JAMH wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 7:26 PM

Hi All,

I'm still working on mine. The Holidays got in the way for me too. I very happy with it so far. I will post pics as soon as I'm done that may be a while. I still working on the front Happy Holidays to everyone

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 16, 2010 7:49 PM

a2965z-craft:
I took a couple of pictures of this and can't quite get the colors right. It should be purple and red but here it is anyway.

Absolutely stunning and beautiful!!  I have no patience for sticking to a large knitting project.  But I do admire them.  You can wear it with great pride.  Merry Christmas and may all your holidays be safe and happy!  Zoe Smile

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 26
a2965z-craft wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 8:50 AM

ZassZ:
How cute!  What size did you do this in?

It was supposed to be a large but my tension was off. I measured as I went and thought I was on track but when it was all done it was way too big. I thought about ripping it out and trying again but decided to take a pleat in the back instead. That seemed to work. I've worn it a few times now and have gotten many compliments. Particularly about the color. I still may rip it out at some point but for now I wear it as it is. I live in Minnesota and it's been particularly cold so layering it over a turtle neck works.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 8:36 PM

Hi a2965z-craft,

The back pleat was a great idea.  Glad you didn't rip out.  I'm sure you could use the extra warm underneath and the turtleneck is just the thing. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
KathyB@76 wrote
on Dec 27, 2010 9:28 AM

Regarding leaving off buttons in the dilemma about having a dressy or a casual sweater.  There are special safety pins you can use to temporarily attach buttons.  This allows you to leave them off or change them at will!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
clackclick wrote
on Jan 18, 2011 10:51 AM

LUCKILY i HAVE SAVED PASSED ISSUES OF INTERWEAVE AND DO HAVE THE ISSUE FOR THIS CAFTAN.  LOVED READING ALL THE COMMENTS.  I DO KNOW THAT THERE ARE AFFORDABLE RESOURCES ONLINE FOR GOOD QUALITY YARNS.  MOST COMPANIES WILL HELP YOU WORK OUT A SUBSTITUTE YARN AND NEEDLE SIZE TO GET PROPER GAUGE.

iIWOULD LIKE TO RAISE THE OPEN V IN MY VERSION, BUT WONDER HOW TO MAKE SURE IT WILL FIT ACROSS THE BUST AND KEEP THE PATTERN AS INTENDED.  i AM NOT VERY FLAT CHESTED SO THIS IS A CONCERN FOR ME

Not Ranked
Posts 2
cheryle38566 wrote
on Jan 22, 2011 1:26 PM

Finally finished mine! I went back and added some I-cord loops and toggle buttons that matched the other buttons. I made mine much less fitted and ended up having to redo the sleeves to make them shorter because the shoulder hung much lower.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on Jan 22, 2011 1:43 PM

Very nice, indeed!!  There have not been very many finished pictures from this KAL.  I did not participate but I did follow the comments.  I like how you closed up the front with the toggles.  If I ever knit this sweater I will remember how you did that.  Great job!

Celia

Not Ranked
Posts 10
keenie28 wrote
on Mar 12, 2011 7:11 AM

Wow--I was hoping to see some of the finished sweaters but it looks like there aren't that many completed, or at least there aren't many pictures posted.  I admit I'm one of the guilty ones.  I've had all the pieces finished for a while now but haven't sewn them together.  I kind of  justified putting this off to start new projects because my sweater is more Springy than Wintery.  ;)

I guess I've now run out of time and must finish this one.  To be continued.  .  .Anyone else?

Page 30 of 32 (466 items) « First ...  < Previous  28 29 30 31 32  Next > | RSS