OFFICIAL POST: The Caftan Pullover Knit-Along (It's the Knit-Ball knit-along!)

This post has 465 Replies | 48 Followers rated by 9 users
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Laurie V wrote
on Mar 12, 2011 7:27 AM

I had no problem finishing mine - including sewing it together - but getting around to posting pictures got waylaid by travel, the holidays and the more travel.  But, keenie28, you have spurred me into posting the finished product.  I have worn this sweater a lot and have really enjoyed it! 

Not Ranked
Posts 10
keenie28 wrote
on Mar 12, 2011 4:52 PM

It looks beautiful--job well done!  Do you have a photo with you wearing it (the demands never end!)?  :D

Not Ranked
Posts 12
nurse1957 wrote
on Mar 17, 2011 12:08 PM

I know this is sideways, but I'm not that computer literate. I finished this in time for a trip to Canada and just love it althought it will be hot for Texas weather.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
NeilM wrote
on Jul 4, 2011 7:15 AM

I have been knitting for many years, recently I came across a child sweather which asked for a welt, I must have spent hours on trying to figure this out, I should have come here first, after much problems I was able to work it out " sort a"  my mind is constantly going, while working on the sweater and I do mine top down, I wondered if there was an easier way, well I then decided once I got to the wrist length of the sleeve, to take another circular needle pick up stitches along the needle I was working on, created a "fake welt" I guess and it seems alright, (however it seems a bit rough looking........) although I would really prefer to do it the correct way, unfortunately I tend to be a bit long winded (apologies) could you direct me to an easely understood welt pattern, I tried   Utube, still clueless, in any case lest I take up your whole day, whatever help you could offer me would be so very much  appreciated.

Thank you!

Neil Mudde  (Toronto)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 42
Sand@4 wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 10:08 AM

Morning all, I'm a little bit confused the page said the winner was the Pan Am Jacket yet this page says The Caftan Pullover. Help!  Thanks

Sandra

Not Ranked
Posts 10
keenie28 wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 11:37 AM

Hi.  Not sure what happened with you.  When I choose the Pan Am Jacket link I'm taken to the correct page.  Maybe try it again?  Sometimes there are ghosts in our computers.  ;)

http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/12645.aspx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 5:43 PM

Kathleen, when I click on the offical forum link under your picture on my daily knittingdaily newsletter forthe new Pan Am sweater KAL, it brings this Caftan Pullover forum up instead.  How do I get to the official forum for the Pan Am sweater?  Thanks.  I noticed someone else has had the same problem.  

Grandma V (Celia)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
Grandma V wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 6:00 PM

Sand@4:

Morning all, I'm a little bit confused the page said the winner was the Pan Am Jacket yet this page says The Caftan Pullover. Help!  Thanks

Sandra

The same thing is happening with me.  I hope we get an answer.

Grandma V

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Jun 15, 2012 6:16 PM

The new Pan Am jacket knit along is at the top of the KAL forum page.  Here's the link.

http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/t/12645.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Cheryl@186 wrote
on Aug 9, 2012 3:30 PM

Don't worry about using the exact yarn. any yarn of the same guage will work. The pattern says it is a #4 medium - which I think is about a worsted weight (Canadian description) or Arran Weight (again Canadian). OOo you lucky thing - some of the loveliest yarns I've used  from Italy. Have fun shopping. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ferrell49 wrote
on Aug 13, 2012 4:11 PM

HI, I'm new to Interweave and very excited!  I'd love to make this for myself, but before I jump in and buy the pattern, can you tell me if it's sizes go up to 1X? and if so, How much of what size yarn will it take, so I can figure if I can afford to  make it.  Thanks, Susie Artes 

ferrell49@gmail.com  443-791-2180

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,333
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Aug 13, 2012 4:52 PM

ferrell49:

HI, I'm new to Interweave and very excited!  I'd love to make this for myself, but before I jump in and buy the pattern, can you tell me if it's sizes go up to 1X? and if so, How much of what size yarn will it take, so I can figure if I can afford to  make it.  Thanks, Susie Artes 

Hi Ferrell49. Below is the info about the pattern. Hope this helps.

Finished Size: 35 (39 1/2, 43 1/2, 48, 52 1/2)" (89 [100.5, 110.5, 122, 133.5] cm) bust circumference. Tunic shown measures 35" (89 cm).
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Silk (20% silk, 40% rayon, 40% nylon; 98 yd [101 m]/50 g]): #6106 seafoam, 16 (18, 20, 22, 24) balls.
Yarn weight: #4 - Medium
Gauge: 18 1/2 sts and 28 rows = 4" (10 cm) in St st with larger needles.
Needles: Size 9 (5.5 mm) and size 7 (4.5 mm). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Markers (m); removable markers or safety pins; tapestry needle; seven 3/4" (19-mm) shank buttons for decoration (optional); sewing thread and needle (optional).
Originally Published: Interweave Knits, Spring 2006

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 6, 2013 9:02 AM

Hi, Hoping somebody can help me. I purchased a e-subscription to interweave knits but am unable to find the magazines on my computer. I have downloaded two already but can't remember where to find it.

Cindy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kmorandi wrote
on Mar 6, 2013 7:03 PM

Assuming you have Windows, there is a file called Downloads. I'm betting it's there. If you open it from there, do a "save as" and put it where you want it.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Gil Huntley wrote
on Mar 7, 2013 1:49 PM

I'm trying to find the Ruched Tee KAL. Can someone send me to the right place please?

Page 31 of 32 (466 items) « First ...  < Previous  28 29 30 31 32  Next > | RSS