In need of yarn

This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
cdurodola1 wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 9:31 AM

Hi, everyone. I love to knit and crochet, but during this time I have no money for yarn. When I was in the money:) as we would say, I always had too much yarn or extra yan and needles and hooks. I always wondered how my adult children and grands wojld feel if I passed away with all this yarn about.  How would they get rid of it without throwing it in the garbage. (They say they are not going to knit or crochet. I have a 7 year old grandson who is happily learning. So he is my only hope).

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has lots of yarn lying around and they wouldn't mind handing it over to me, so I can go on with this craft I love. I do other crafts but...no money right now for them.

Let me pass on a great tip . You know all those shopping bags hanging around, from supermarkets and department stories. I live with my daughter now and she has a huge bag full of them. Cut them into long strips by cutting the bags circularly and crochet or knot. I've made a slipper. The cutting is time consuming, but if your hands are at a loss without some crochet or knitting going on, it's well worth the effort. AND it keeps those bags out of landfills. The slippers are oh so comfortable.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS