Right side double increase (1 st inc'd to 3 sts.

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
janice1966 wrote
on Dec 20, 2010 10:17 AM

How do you do a dbl inc.  I can knit into the front and back of the stitch easy enough.  But it is what come next that is confusing me.  "Insert the left needle tip into the vertical stand between the 2 sts just made from left to right, and knit the lifted strand through the back loop."

Janice

Not Ranked
Posts 4
calltab wrote
on Dec 20, 2010 2:17 PM

Is this the question with the answer?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 20, 2010 6:00 PM

janice1966:
How do you do a dbl inc.

Hi Janice,

I think I can help you out here.  For a double increase, you need to make two new stitches from a single stitch and this results in three stitches knitted.  The first new stitch comes from knitting into the front and back of the stitch.

The second new stitch comes from inserting the left needle tip into the vertical strand (between the two stitches you just knitted).  Insert the left needle tip going from the left side of the stitch to the right side of the stitch.  You will now have a new unknit loop on your left needle.  With your right needle tip, go into the loop from the back side of the left needle.  This is knitting through the back loop.

You will now have two new stitches on your right needle -- a double increase -- and the third stitch is the existing stitch you knit up from the previous row.

Hope this clarifies this for you.  Happy knitting and if you need more help, do post back. Zoe Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 20, 2010 6:09 PM

calltab:

Is this the question with the answer?

Hi calltab,

I see from another post that although you have been knitting for quite a while, you are new to Knitting Daily.  There are those knitters here who are new at knitting and those who have been knitting for years.  If another knitter has a question/puzzlement about a knitting pattern, we help them out to interpret the pattern so they can understand what is being said in the instructions. 

There are some knitters who have learning difficulties (like dyslexia) and need the instructions re-worded for them.  There is never a problem that another knitter is not willing to help out to solve.  Here at Knitting Daily, we knitters like to help out other knitters.  I am hoping that possibly you would also be able to share your experiences with knitting.  Like you, I crochet too. 

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
manya7 wrote
on Feb 5, 2012 12:49 AM

Zoe, is this also called a "double row below increase?"  I am starting a pattern called "Plumsweet Picot scarf" on Ravelry; it is a free pattern so you can click the link to the blog that has the pattern and a stitch description for a so-called "double row below increase."  I have tried multiple times to do this stitch from the description in the pattern, but mine always look funky. Do you have a better description, or better yet, a video you could point me to?  The rest of the pattern is a piece of cake, but this particular stitch is holding me up.

Thanks!.  Manya7

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS