sock monkey hat pattern

This post has 23 Replies | 7 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 14
2bChristine wrote
on Dec 27, 2010 11:58 AM

My 12 yr old daughter really wants me to knit her a sock monkey hat, the type with ear flaps.  Does anyone have a pattern to share or know of a pattern to purchase?

I've been searching online but no luck so farSad

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 27, 2010 1:31 PM

Hi 2bChristine,

I posted a reply to this on the Hats Crazy site.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 14
2bChristine wrote
on Dec 27, 2010 1:45 PM

Thanks Zoe.

The MaryMaxim site did not have a sock monkey hat pattern, so I'm still looking for anyone out there who can help me!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 27, 2010 7:07 PM

2bChristine:
The MaryMaxim site did not have a sock monkey hat pattern

Hi 2bChristine,

Check out the other site that I posted a link for.  There is the sock monkey hat there.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
2bChristine wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 9:48 AM

Here is the style I'd like to knit if anyone knows where to find a pattern?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
JanetM@12 wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 11:13 AM

The pattern at Knitty is not identical, but you might check out this web site and tweak the pattern:  http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTsockmonkey.html    Hope this might help.     Janet

Not Ranked
Posts 14
2bChristine wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 1:18 PM

Hi Janet

Thanks for the website.  I've seen this pattern and it isn't the style I'm after, so I sure would have to revise it and I'm not sure I'm that skilled of a knitter?

Here is a pic of the style I'm after just incase:

The difference is in the white of the mouth and red lips shape, plus the top is white with a red rim.  I was thinking of finding a pattern to knit this style hat and then seeing if I can figure a way to create this pattern? Idea

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
JanetM@12 wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 1:26 PM

I wonder if you might be able to take another pattern with the shape you are looking for and put the two patterns together to create your own new pattern.  I'm sure there are plenty of skilled knitsters here who can give you assistance.

Janet

Not Ranked
Posts 2
denise70 wrote
on Jan 25, 2011 10:15 AM

I can't see the picture you posted anymore, but there is a nice sock monkey hat at Ravelry.com 

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knitted-sock-monkey-earflap-hat 

There are others as well. That is just my favourite one.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Jan 25, 2011 10:57 AM

Hi alll,

2bChristine has bought a monkey sock hat that her daughter wanted.  No pattern for this hat is out yet as it is still copyrighted.  Check out the HATS CRAZY site and see what it is.  Thanks for the tips for hunting for the pattern.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Linduhhhhhhh wrote
on Feb 4, 2011 3:06 PM

I desperately want this pattern as well.  And today Whoopie was wearing this exact hat on The View !!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
AnneZ@2 wrote
on Mar 15, 2011 12:39 PM

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTsockmonkey.html

Anne-Marie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 15, 2011 3:28 PM

AnneZ@2:

Hi Anne-Marie,

Nope, this is not the same pattern as the one that Christine was looking for.  She did end up buying it from her local store.  Thanks, Zoe

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jul 11, 2011 6:23 PM
  • Hi, I am looking for this pattern myself.  Please let me know if you ever found it.  thank you Joanne.   joannepassmore@gmail.com I saw one that someone made on the site - All Freee Knitting , but she didn't get the patttern from them.  I have emailed her and am waiting for a response.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS