Help on Duck - Barnyard Baby Booties by Sue Flanders

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
pandaen2000 wrote
on Dec 28, 2010 6:33 AM

Hello!

Im trying to make the duck from the cute barnyard booties - but Im lost when I try to create the head for the duck.. of course the head ;)

From the pattern:

"Brim: With shorter needle, CO 112 sts. Place marker (pm) and join, being careful not to twist sts.

Rnd 1: (RS) Purl.

• I have CO 112 sts on 4 dpn and purl'ed one round as if knitting socks..

Head: Place held sts evenly onto 3 larger dpn.

Join yarn and pick up and knit 2 sts from CO edge to close

gap—20 (22, 24, 26) sts.

• I dont understand??? How do I come from 112sts to something with 22 sts?? - WHAT am I supposed to do here???

Rnds 1 and 3: Knit.

Rnd 2: *K2tog; rep from *—10 (11, 12, 13) sts rem."

Not Ranked
Posts 1
bogeygirl1 wrote
on Jul 7, 2012 7:56 AM

Did you put stitches on waste yarn?  Those are the ones you use for the head. ( As a matter of fact, I am doing the duck right now and I don't understand the tail instructions.)  Back to the head: When they tell you to put the head stitches on the waste yarn, it is like putting the stitches on a separate stitch holder.   You will get back to them later.  Continue on, knitting the ankle part of the bootie.   You will then go back to the head.  If you have problems anywhere where you are told to 'cast on over the gap, google it and you can see youtube instructions.  

I sure wish I could get in touch with Flanders to tell me what she means by "thread tail through remaining stitches.  Pull tight, and weave in and fasten off".   I have no idea what remaining stitches she is talking about.   More pictures would be so helpful.  BY THE WAY, I did the sheep,  (I had to take the apart several times learning how to do the 'crimping' BUT THEY TURNED OUT SO ADORABLE!!  

I just looked at the day you posted this.  I am sure it is MUCH to late to help you.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS