Ear Flap Hat with Braids

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
txcrolady wrote
on Dec 30, 2010 4:18 PM

Hi all

I am looking for a Pattern for a Knitted Hat with ear flaps and braids for my granddaughter that is 17 years old.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 30, 2010 4:41 PM

txcrolady:
Knitted Hat with ear flaps and braids

Hi txcrolady,

Here is one pattern.  But if you type the words "knitted earflap hat pattern with braided ties" into your search engine, there are hundreds of sites listed for patterns, including the one that I will link here for you.

http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/hatearflaphat.htm

The ear flap hats are really in style now and there are so many different kinds.  Good luck with this and do post back to us the one your granddaughter would like you to knit for her!

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 3
cshafer2 wrote
on Dec 31, 2010 7:57 AM

Hi! I was just working on this yesterday and found a ton of patterns, I was actually only looking for the flap pattern but found some cool patterns on the Lion Brand site.  I made one for my daughter (she's 16)

I hope this link works :)

http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?search=Search&searchText=knit+hat+with+ear+flaps&craft=0&categoryKey=Any&subcategory=Any&size=Any&edition=Any&cost=Any&componentCategoryKey=Any&yarnClass=Any&searchType=0&I2.x=45&I2.y=12

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 31, 2010 10:34 AM

cshafer2:

found some cool patterns on the Lion Brand site.  I made one for my daughter (she's 16)

I hope this link works :)

Hi cshafer2,

The lion brand site link to specific patterns only works if you are already a member and registered to the site.  If not go to www.lionbrand.com to sign up and register.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 3
cshafer2 wrote
on Dec 31, 2010 12:15 PM

Thanks Zoe, I actually am registered, I meant that the link pasted into my reply ;)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Dec 31, 2010 4:58 PM

cshafer2:

Thanks Zoe, I actually am registered, I meant that the link pasted into my reply ;)

Hi cshafer,

I had meant that for anyone who wasn't registered, that link will not work.  So I gave them the link for lion brand.  Giggles, cause sometimes it "doesn't take much to get our yarns crossed"!  lol   We mean to be so helpful that sometimes we forget to include a little more of an explanation as to what we mean.   Which hat did you do for your daughter?

What kinds of stuff do you like to knit?  Do you also get the lion brand catalogue in your postal mail?  I do.  If you don't, there is a place on the lion brand site where you request one to be sent.  It is full of all their yarns, and a few knitted items.  They tell you where to look for the item if they have the pattern for it available.  One thing that I like about lion brand, is that they often have both knitted and crochet patterns for the same item.

Happy New Year and happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS