Twisted

This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
MargaretG wrote
on Jun 2, 2008 6:34 PM

Hi-

Is there any way I can FIX a twist on circular needles-----------besides ripping the whole thing out??????

Thanks

M

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 55
JulesG wrote
on Jun 3, 2008 3:58 AM

Have you tried taking another circular needle and transferring the stitches from one needle to the other and correcting the twist while doing so?

That's what I did last night.

Or are you atalking about a project knit in the round?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
MargaretG wrote
on Jun 3, 2008 8:12 AM

Yes, Jules, it is knit in the round.......attached next row after cast-on!!!!!!!!

THANKS

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 39
Jody wrote
on Jun 3, 2008 8:37 AM

I had this happen to me before (I think we all have!) and I remember being told that I would need to rip it all out and start over. I don't think that there's any other way to fix it if you're knitting in the round. Hopefully you haven't knit too many rows!

Jody

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 55
JulesG wrote
on Jun 3, 2008 11:00 AM

That's a bummer!

Well, if it were a pair of socks and I had that twist right in the first row I would just go on and ignore it until I have finished. In most cases you don't really see it after it's finished. But I am talking about socks right now. I'm not so sure about how it might look in a sweater.

I just hope you don't have to rip open most of your work.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
on Jun 3, 2008 2:15 PM

There is the ugly way and the pretty way.

Frogging is the pretty way. You aren't alone. The question is, will you ever wear this if you do the "quick-fix?" Remember, its only yarn. This is just like childhood: you get a "do-over."

Quick-Fix: If the yarn isn't expensive, you can finish, cut and sew on the sewing machine. The by-product will be a seam that will irritate. It will take several zig-zag stitches and a surger to do it. If you mess up here, there is no turning back. This is a better technique to use on sweaters.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 55
JulesG wrote
on Jun 4, 2008 4:56 AM

Denise, I didn't know that. Thanks! I might need to use that one day.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
on Jun 4, 2008 3:45 PM

I just finished the "Fountain Hat" from Knitting Daily. I didn't like my K2tog. Silly me went in the wrong way and had a raised combine for the entire hat. Everyone has a brainfart.

After a few choice words (and a few disillusions gone), I frogged the hat and am starting again. I handspun the yarn and I want it to look good.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS