Question about DPN's

This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
aethelwhyne wrote
on Jan 26, 2011 4:37 PM

Hello my name is April and I am brand new to the knitting world. As in I just taught myself a day ago how to knit. I mainly decided to knit because of socks. I love socks, I do not currently have double point needles. I do however own the needles attached to the cable (I believe they are the circular needles).  My questions are what are the best kind and where can I buy some online. Also is there a main size like how long and mm. Thank you for any and all help.

April

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 26, 2011 9:16 PM

Hi there,

I suggest you go to the Sock thread under Knitting Chat and read and get some suggestions from those posts.  I know you will get answers to your ??s there.  Also there is Addi Click Needles on page 3 under Knitting Chat where there is some discussion about needles as well.  Just go the the Forum page and look at the left hand column for categories.  Once you go on the Sock thread and post there you will get lots of suggestions from the sock knitters. 

Have a good time!

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
aethelwhyne wrote
on Jan 26, 2011 9:24 PM

I will do that thank you very much

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 30, 2011 10:42 PM

HI and welcome.  Are you knitting some socks now? 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
aethelwhyne wrote
on Jan 31, 2011 5:55 AM

No I am unable to knit socks at this time. I do not have the right needles and not much money to get some. I am saving for the harmony wood needles and more yarn. I did find a wonderful tutorial site and have been watching all the how to knit information. So I am hopeful that I can start to knit socks soon Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JenniferB@38 wrote
on Jan 31, 2011 10:48 AM

I bought the Harmony Wood DPN set and LOVE them.  I bought the 4 inch set, and I like them but I may buy the 5 inch set as well.  You get 7 sets of DPNs in the most common sizes used for socks.   I like the shorter needles for socks, personally. 6 inches is just too much needle.  I'm addicted to sock knitting!  Good luck with yours, once you get started Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Onyourfeet wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 9:30 AM

I have this set, also, and keep it tucked into my knitting notions bag.  I love having all seven sizes in one place and like the shorter length needles for my sock knitting.  My other favorite dpns are the Brittany needles- these are great for mittens, sleeves, baby garments, and heavier weight sock projects.  Have fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 3:24 PM

I was just looking at the Harmony Wood Cable Needles.  You get a set of Size 3, 6 & 9 for $4.99.  It says the "grooves" in the needle helps keep the stitches from slipping off.  I am tempted to try them. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS