chinton pullover....

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 8
BethanyL wrote
on Feb 14, 2011 5:44 PM

i was getting ready to start this pattern and when i was reading the beginning of the pattern it said to co 12 striches and knit for 57 inches.. correct me if im worng shouldnt it be more stitches since we are knitting in the round and not 57 inches..  just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?  any help you can email me @  Snapple01@gmail.com

thank you in advance

Not Ranked
Posts 3
cakirkette wrote
on Feb 14, 2011 6:28 PM

I couldn't find the pattern for this sweater, but judging from the pictures I found, maybe you are starting with the tie\ribbing at the bottom of the sweater?  Then picking up stitches to knit the body in the round?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Feb 14, 2011 7:04 PM

cakirkette:
maybe you are starting with the tie\ribbing at the bottom of the sweater?  Then picking up stitches to knit the body in the round?

Hi cakirkette,

I agree totally with you.  It just goes to prove that a knitter needs to completely read and understand the pattern before knitting it. And I must confess that at times I dont do this and then I get into frogging!   The tie and the bottom ribbing is all one piece and then the body of the pullover will be made by picking up stitches along the ribbing.  The pattern is found in the KnitScene 2011 magazine that just came out.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS