Haven't been getting emails

This post has 33 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
knitwit23 wrote
on Jul 1, 2008 2:06 PM

Same here...haven't gotten them for awhile! I wasn't sure if they stopped or what....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
on Jul 2, 2008 9:15 PM

Don't bother posting about it in here.  The moderators are not reading the messages.  I've been subscribed to this thread, and they never come in to offer help or suggestions.

First, try subscribing again using a different email address.  After that, log in here, and go to your options, and make sure the options are set for you to receive the messages by email.  Even after you set them, somehow they may be changed.  It happened to me.  You have to jump through a few hoops to complete the process.

In Stitches,

Crafty Matthew 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
patw813 wrote
on Jul 3, 2008 6:36 PM

I wasn't getting duplicates, but I haven't gotten any Knitting Daily emails at all since June 3, and I have a hotmail address - God knows they let enough other spam thru to my inbox, so I don't think they're "overprotective"....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
LyndaC wrote
on Jul 5, 2008 7:52 AM

Did you ever get this resolved? I stopped getting daily messages almost a month ago and have tried several times to contact Knitting Daily to resolve it. No response from them. Checked my spam folder -- not there. Then I thought I'd go in to the KD site, unsub, and re-sub, but when I tried to do that I got a screen announcement that said my login name was "already in use". So? What's that got to do with unsubbing?

If you figured out how to get back on the list, please post!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SharonO wrote
on Jul 5, 2008 2:19 PM

I'm having the same problem. I haven't been getting emails for quite a while now. I have tried resetting in "my account" but no luck. I would  love to know how to start getting these again.

SharonO

Not Ranked
Posts 2
hildiesmom wrote
on Jul 6, 2008 5:22 PM

There was a post from Admin, about midway in this thread, explaining that there are actually *two* different accounts, one is the forum, the other is KD. To change your KD subscription they suggested that you find an old KD email, scroll down to the bottom, and click where it says "Manage Your Subscriptions". I just did that and discovered that I wasn't subscribed to anything. Don't know if that'll fix my problem, but hopefully it will.

Seems like they'd post something like that *prominently* in an FAQ or whatever, since the link to updating the KD subscription isn't readily apparent.

Honestly, this is the first time I've even been in these forums (who needs them, frankly, when we have Ravelry) and only came out of sheer frustration.

ETA: This has *fixed* my problem, as I have begun receiving emails today.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
DeloresN wrote
on Jul 7, 2008 2:13 PM

I'm another Comcast person who hasn't seen an Interweave email in ages. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
hildiesmom wrote
on Jul 7, 2008 7:42 PM

Delores, Did you see my post above yours? Did you try clicking on the "Manage your subscription" link on an old KD email? That's what worked for me. (And it really did work, too. I got my first KD today since the changeover at the end of May.)

Not Ranked
Posts 12
T. J. wrote
on Jul 8, 2008 11:23 AM

I've responded via email to everyone on this thread who appears to still be having problems getting the newsletter. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

But there’s definitely no shortage of variables at play here. As one nice person wrote back:

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  I don't know why all of a sudden I stopped receiving the emails, but based on the information you provided, it looks like our email server is rejecting them.  I did get one notice while I was still receiving the emails that I was not getting a particular one because of inappropriate content!  I'm thinking maybe too many of them fit this category and they are all now being rejected.

You know - those form-fitting descriptions and all that related to knitting for a woman's shape may be too descriptive for our company server.

Do we as a group need to come up with email filter friendly code names for specific lady parts? I guess I can talk to Sandy about that.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
CherylS wrote
on Jul 8, 2008 3:33 PM

I too have inexplicably stopped getting the daily emails and am having trouble finding someone (ANYONE) who can respond & help. Seems like the emails stopped about 4-5 weeks ago. I'm not glad someone else is having problems, but at least I'm not the only one which gives me hope I didn't do anything crazy to stop them. I checked my trash bin, but nothing there so  they're not being filtered out. Also tried to re-subscribe - nope, no luck. The system said I already exist, but I don't!!!!!!! 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SueD wrote
on Jul 9, 2008 8:37 AM

Same here -- very mysterious!  Hopefully someone will notice and get the problem fixed.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Elizabeth@3 wrote
on Mar 12, 2009 3:48 PM

and even worse I can't find an email address to ask someone about the problem - not one that answers, anyway(!).  This is a new problem since the beginning of March 2009.  Meantime I'm checking the KD site each day, but would love to have the messages back...

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
onceanddone wrote
on Mar 13, 2009 5:30 AM

I have not recieved any of the emails either since 2/18/09.  I have the same problem as Elizabeth, no email address to check on this.  Would love to get email once again.

Diane

Not Ranked
Posts 1
ChristineS wrote
on Apr 4, 2009 6:20 PM

I think I am in the same situation. I did find two emails that might help: knittingdaily@interweave.com or customerservice@interweave.com

BTW- did you guys just sign up for the new(er) Spin Off newsletter? I was thinking that was my problem.

Chris

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
shayb wrote
on Apr 7, 2009 11:41 AM

If anyone is having a problem receiving their Knitting Daily newsletters, you can contact the Customer Support department at customerservice@interweave.com to get this resolved.

Include the email address you signed up with originally, and tracking can start on why to fix the problems.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS