open a thread or a post

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 4, 2008 5:07 PM

I sent a post - I see some threads and posts in response but how do I read the reply threads or posts?

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
Lana wrote
on Jun 4, 2008 9:46 PM

Hi ZassZ - I see one reply now for your second post for the dog sweater. I think maybe you are looking at the calculations for all of the posts in a particular forum. Since you were the last person to post something on that part of the forum your post shows up in the right hand column but if you click on the subject on the left of the screen it will take you to another page that lists all the different posts and their threads. Some posts have 0 replies and others have 3, 8, and sometimes 235. This reply will show up as a first reply to yours and then if someone after me replies then it will show 2 and that reply will follow mine all on the same page once you click on the title at the left. I hope this helps in some way. Lana

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 10, 2008 8:23 PM

Hi Lana - Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!  Yes, I tried it and it answers my question.  That evening the feed subscribed button would not work for some reason.  I know it is not my computer because every works fine on it and I followed the instructions to subscribed just as I did tonite.  Tonite it worked.  The other nite I did it over and over and nothing happened.  So now I understand what you said.  One more thing.  What is the little suitcase with a balloon looking icon next to it which is at the left also right next to the topic.  I click it and -0- happens? 

Again, I appreciate your taking your time. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
Lana Dog [&] wrote
on Jun 10, 2008 10:53 PM

You're welcome ZassZ, I think the icons are file folders but I don't know why there are red and green balloon-like dots. I suppose it is stop and go, red light green light. I think this site could use a table of abbreviations because some of this is standard for forums but the icons are not necessarily standard. Although I have worked with computers for a while I am new to forums. But since this is a new forum they probably still have some bugs to work out.

Glad you like the felting idea. The best I can do for my dog is a fancy collar and a nice warm blanket. He doesn't usually get too hot or too cold but he does like to snuggle.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Jun 27, 2008 12:50 PM

Lana, I meant to get back to you before this.  I agree and would also like to know the reason for red/green icons.  Your explanation helped and for the persons new to this format, it would help to have a table of explanations. Huh?  It would have saved me a lot of time. 

Thank you again.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS