casting off tip?

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
lexica wrote
on Feb 25, 2011 9:42 PM

I could have sworn there was a tip posted (in recent history!) on Knitting Daily how to avoid having a stretched last stitch when casting off.  I can't for the life of me find it no matter what kind of searches I do on the site.  Much appreciated if someone saw the same thing and can point me to it, or some other tip on the topic!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
elainefirth wrote
on Mar 4, 2011 12:59 PM

Hi I cant remember where I saw it, but im sure it said knit into the stitch below on the last cast off stitch. Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Apr 19, 2011 3:36 PM

Yes, that works, or you can knit the last 2 stitches together before you cast them off as one stitch (hope that makes sense)

Bridget

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Apr 19, 2011 5:07 PM

grannybytheway:
you can knit the last 2 stitches together before you cast them off as one stitch (hope that makes sense)

Hi Bridget,

Makes sense to me because that is what I do and yep, it works!

Happy knittig, Zoë Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Apr 19, 2011 10:07 PM

Hi Lexica,

I also saw the segment (Getting started: KDTV 612), I can't access to it either but, ... I've found a complete file of a variety of binding off techniques.

Ta daaaa!!!!

http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/41041/showcontent.aspx

Now, we all can save them or print them or both.

Bye, bye.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 20, 2011 9:37 AM

Hi All,

I thought this was nice and am going to bookmark it for myself.  I really like this method.  http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2011/01/21/lean-to-the-right-lean-to-the-left-we-re-talking-decreases.aspx 

It is easier for me to remember because of the orientation:  left leans left - right leans right

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS