Felting

This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
AliceV wrote
on Jun 5, 2008 9:13 AM

Any ideas on felting if you have a front loading washer?  I haven't tried felting because of this, but my daughter knit a bag and it is sitting there waiting to be felted.

Thanks,
Alice

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 55
JulesG wrote
on Jun 6, 2008 12:09 AM

Why do you think you can't felt with a front loading washing machine?

We have a front loading and I have felted with it several times. I have never worried about the type of the washer influencing the felting.

You should fill the bag with something - I always use old towels and fill my bag with them. Then I put them in the washer and "just" felt them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 84
on Jun 6, 2008 8:16 AM

I have a front loader. I felt. Just throw a few towels in with it. Check as you would normally...or not.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
AliceV wrote
on Jun 6, 2008 2:45 PM

Thanks, folks.  I will try it this weekend with my daughter's project, of course - Wink!

Alice

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Oct 6, 2008 3:02 PM

Yes, I use my front loading machine to felt and I put in 2 prs of old jeans and clean old tennis shoes in with whatever I am felting. It works really well. Don' t let anyone tell you you can't use a front loader to felt. I have used both top load and front load and I find no difference.

Good Luck,

Leslie

Leslie S. Kling

Johnstown, CO

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Oct 14, 2008 3:36 PM

I think it would work just fine.  I saw this tip for felting: put your pieces to be felted in a pillowcase or lingerie bag...and then you can throw whatever else you want into the washer and felt away! :)

Not Ranked
Posts 7
DeeJ wrote
on Oct 14, 2008 4:17 PM

I have a front-load machine and was skeptical too, but it works fine; just don't tell my husband how much water I used to felt one purse...Go for it!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS