seed stitch on circular needles

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
e weingold wrote
on Mar 5, 2011 1:54 PM

HELP:   I found a great pattern for a beret with seed stitch after initial ribbing. I am having so much trouble with the seed stitch part and keeping it done correctly. Am going nuts. Can't tell how many times I've ripped it out. I know had to do the seed stitch, have made a flat sweater out of seed.  It's the circular needle part and working out the seed pattern part that's the difficulty. Can anyone help me get my hat done before spring?  thanks ellen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 5, 2011 2:51 PM

Hi Ellen,

When you do the seed stitch in the round, you wont be knitting back and forth as you did for the sweater.  You will be literally going around in circles!  You will cast on an uneven number of stitches for doing seed stitch in the round.   You must mark the beginning of your round with a yarn marker of some sort.  When you get to the beginning of your round, you need to pay attention as to what stitch you used.  ie.  Round 1:  k p k p k p .....  Round 2:  p k p k p k ....     For each round that you do you will do the opposite stitch as to the one you are going into.  So you will purl the knit stitches, and knit the purl stitches.  I hope this makes sense to you???

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS