Best Steam Iron to purchase

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
isagobi wrote
on Mar 5, 2011 8:23 PM

Does anyone know which steam iron I should purchase for blocking my knits?  Of course, I want a steam button that gives out a burst of steam.  Went on line to my Consumer Reports subscription and all of them have reviews from horrible to wonderful.  Thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Mar 5, 2011 8:35 PM

isagobi:

Does anyone know which steam iron I should purchase for blocking my knits?  Of course, I want a steam button that gives out a burst of steam.  Went on line to my Consumer Reports subscription and all of them have reviews from horrible to wonderful.  Thanks.

Hi Isagobi,

You wont want one that is horrible.  You dont want the cheapest one but you dont want the most expensive one either.  I have two irons.  One I use for dry heat with starch spray for my quilting and sewing projects.  The other one I use as a steam iron.  They are both different brands.  I would recommend that you buy the least expensive wonderful one. 

Also look at the warrenties -- some may have a one year warrenty and some may have a five year warrenty.  You will want the five year warrenty as they are made to last longer before giving out.  Does this help?

One thing you need to be careful about when using the steam iron, is to check what the label says about using heat with different yarn compositions.  You may also just want to wet a cotton tea towel, place it over your pinned down knitted item, and just press it with a hot iron to set it for the blocking.

Happy knitting, Zoe Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
xiha wrote
on Oct 31, 2013 8:10 AM

It is hard to command the best steam iron to you .Because I don't know your requirment to the steam iron.In my opinin,the best steam iron is the one meet all your needs. So you need to know that  how to choose the best steam iron that is best suitable for you.You had better choose the more expensive model with the advanced features including the burst steam iron, vertical steam if you have to iron the various fabrics frequently,While you should choose the regular divece if you just wanna a iron that is able to do the fundamental home ironing.You know,I have no possibility in covering all the knowledge about how to choose the best steam iron in the post,so you can get more imformation by clicking here.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
taylormom8 wrote
on Oct 31, 2013 7:51 PM

I just bought a new iron a few months ago.  I bought it on sale from Bed Bath and Beyond.  It's a Rowenta and I absolutely love it.  It steams if you hold it down just above the fabric.  My mom has the same iron and she loves it for regular ironing as well.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS