Soap Bubble Wrap pattern

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 3
rosecomet wrote
on Mar 11, 2011 12:26 PM

Hi, I've knitting Soap Bubble Wrap and I'm up to the neck shaping on the right side. and it says this:

"For neck shaping, dec 1 st at neck edge on next 19 RS rows by working k8, sl m, k1, ssk, work in patt to end—19 sts removed at neck edge."

But it's different from the left side neck shaping.  

"Shape neck: Neck Dec row: (RS) Work in patt to last 11 sts, k2tog, k1, sl m, k8 (front border)—1 st dec’d at neck edge. Cont in patt, rep Neck Dec row on next 11 (11, 10, 14, 14, 13) RS rows, working waist incs as shown on Rows 69, 79, and 89 of chart, then work 1 WS row to end with Row 90 of chart—56 (57, 63, 63, 72, 78) sts; 45 sts in marked chart section."

Should the right side be the same as the left side?

Thank you

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Mar 18, 2011 8:20 AM

First check the photo of the wrap to make sure it isn't an asymetrical wrap.  If it looks symetrical in the photo then you might want to check the website for pattern errata (errors & corrections).  Sometimes patterns go to print and have errors that are caught later.  When that happens, the publisher usually puts corrections on their website.  If you can't locate any errata, email the publisher and ask your question.  You may be the first person to have come across the error.  If not, the publisher can direct you to the pattern correction.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
rosecomet wrote
on Mar 18, 2011 10:50 AM

I haven't seen any errata anywhere. I even went to ravelry and check if anyone has written anything about the pattern. I even asked in the designer's fan group and no one seems to answer. You're the first response I've gotten since posting this question.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
DebbieB52 wrote
on Mar 18, 2011 9:21 PM

I would contact Connie on the Ravelry website if you are not getting the help that you need for clarification of the pattern.  She is definitely on the web site and hopefully will contact you if you send her a message.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
rosecomet wrote
on Mar 18, 2011 10:22 PM

I did then I found out she just had a baby and has her hands full. I'm just going to try it on my own next week. I'll mark to see where I'm suppose to do the neck shaping and if it doesn't look right, then I'll copy then same decrease from the left.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS